• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Proper Metal music (no pony tails or choral crap)

dc655321

Major Contributor
How am i just finding this thread now...? Good stuff!

Here's one of my favorites to mash on my drums:

Hemicrusher

Saw all these bands in the early 80's...Used to see Metalica play house parties before anyone knew who they were. Saw Megadeths first show in LA and Dave Mustaine spent the first 30 minutes complaining about Metalica kicking him out.

I got into the LA Punk scene around 79 and there was some cross over between the punk and speed/death metal bands since we all hated the hair bands like RATT etc. It was a cool time to grow up in Los Angeles....

01_Celtic_Frost_Morbid_Tales.jpg
venom-welcome-to-hell-col-vinyl-lp-front2.jpg
R-645773-1441697243-3750.jpeg.jpg
R-377521-1262974365.jpeg.jpg
Hirax-RagingViolence.jpg

download.jpg

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 112

Don Hills

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Another Nordic cover of The Trooper

Yep, seen that. I'm also a Hayseed Dixie fan.

We now return to normal programming...
As well as Shihad from my home town, there's this:

bakker_be

Let’s all go to Wacken, I need to see @amirm moshing out to some heavy European death metal preferably fuelled by a magic cocktail of anphetamines and herbal tea.
Wacken's my summer holiday, almost a week of metal madness. It's also one of the very few festivals where I'm not really working (just taking notes for www.metalheads.be), which means that I get to partake of alcoholic beverages as well ;)

Audioagnostic

Cool thread. Thought I'd share an old favorite, Bolt Thrower.
To my surprise they even have an audiophile mix, this is the full dynamic range edition...

bakker_be

Cool thread. Thought I'd share an old favorite, Bolt Thrower.
To my surprise they even have an audiophile mix, this is the full dynamic range edition...

Earache has released several of those. I personally bought Carcass's Heart work, but there are several others available on Bandcamp (Entombed, At the Gates, Morbid Angel, ...)
Edit: this made me go back to Bandcamp, just bought the FDR edition of "Sleep's Holy Mountain" as well :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom