• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Proper Metal music (no pony tails or choral crap)

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Stumbled upon this golden yet very underrated oldie again: Myrkskog - Deathmachine

Devin Townsend mentioned that Myrkskog was an inspiration to him when he made "Alien" by Strapping Young Lad (an album all of you hopefully know already :)).

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Dodecahedron - Kwintessens

This is an album I turn on in the commuter train when I've had a bad day, everyone around me is really annoying, and when in such a situation Meshuggah or Dying Fetus are not doing it because they are just too light and soft...

Vacceo

Major Contributor
Dodecahedron - Kwintessens

This is an album I turn on in the commuter train when I've had a bad day, everyone around me is really annoying, and when in such a situation Meshuggah or Dying Fetus are not doing it because they are just too light and soft...

If you want a really, really harsh sound, try Brodequin:

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
If you want a really, really harsh sound, try Brodequin:

Ok, but the point with Dodecahedron for me is not only it's harshness, but that it is still melodic or even catchy in a strange way. It's like surfing through the chaotic universe on a scythe and at the same time burning it all to the ground... That's the cathartic feeling i want on a commuter train ;-)

Vacceo

Major Contributor
If you want something more relaxing that makes your mind flow, try Blood Incantation; Starspawn in particular.

Audiofire

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
"Proper Metal" = oxymoron. :D
Uh-huh... Here is some proper metal:
Krabathor - Only Our Death Is Welcome...
Krabathor - Cool Mortification
Krabathor - Lies

For those who like ice-cold refreshments at least.

Last edited:

RHO

Major Contributor

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
To be released on September 1st...
a1371009819_10.jpg

Vacceo

Major Contributor
Oldie but goodie. These guys, along with Incantation, are among my fave US Death Metal bands:

In the last decade there seems to be a thriving scene in the US Death Metal community that goes for very low, very distorted, quite oldschool sound. Bands such as Funebrarum, Blood Incantation or Spectral Voice are capturing some of the best Incantation legacy and cranking it to 11.

Last edited:

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
1659131338659.png

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Top Bottom