• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Proper Metal music (no pony tails or choral crap)

InsideTheWire

Sure thing. Their logo is in my avatar, BTW.;)

Saw them 3 times (Party San Open Air, Summer Breeze and Paris). The two first gigs were second to none. The third in Paris was quite disappointing. The lacked so much energy to the point I couldn't enjoy the show. Two years latter Martin Kearns passed away and I'm still very sad since the band split up...

Thought I saw their pin on your Jacket. I missed their Chicago show (it was sold out pretty quickly and couldn't find tickets I could afford). Looks like I'll never have the chance to see them. :(

RHO

Major Contributor
Now playing:
Individual_Thought_patterns.jpg

thrash

Some more Greek Metal history.
It is 1984 and Power Metal was reigning. In the small bouzouki-driven music scene of Greece, a band with the name "Spitfire" forms to play their favourite music. Their advantages, an amazing vocalist (Dinos) and their talented guitarist/composer (Elias). Soon they will sign with EMI for a record and live performances with Saxon. A big carrier was about to happen! ...Or maybe not ! During post production of their first album, Dinos, the bands' vocalist involved on a motorbike accident that left him in a coma for 2.5 years and on a wheel-chair, unable to perform again, for the rest of his life (he died in 2016). From that moment over, the band, plagued by bad karma and frequent member changes, looses the power metal bandwagon. Even though they played next to big names like Iron Maiden and always consisted by talented members (like Mark Cross who later played with Firewind and Helloween), they never managed to rise. Their second record named "Die Fighting was released in 2009. It seems that bad luck is hunting them on every step (few months ago while they were recording their third album, their studio got broken in and their gear, along with Elias vintage Gibson flying V's were stolen).
Their first album named "First Attack" is a power metal masterpiece and -personal opinion- there is no single average song in it.

Top Bottom