• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Proper Metal music (no pony tails or choral crap)

Septentrio

Forum Donor
I 've noticed that some are into BM. The scene here in Greece is large and unique in it's way. It all started through underground fanzines, tape trading and a specific -late- Norwegian band leader, record shop owner and record label manager.

Of course at the time the recordings were in 4tracks and in "studios" that had eggcups for sound treatment :). Some of the instruments were either stolen or cheap japanese knock-offs (anybody remembers Aria guitars ?). Completely Lo-fi and DIY.

From what i recall the first bands to record BM or something close to Black Metal were Necromantia, Varathron, Rotting Christ, Deviser, Zemial, Death Courier -even though the last were more into Death metal-.

Yeah, great metal scene in Greece back in the day!

Necromantia were pretty darn cool. I have their split with Varathron on CD, haven't listened to it in ages. Crickey.

I also liked Nightfall back then. Doom/Death, I guess. I remember the main guy liked to have his name all over the place, on the CDs. Vocals: Efthimis Karadimas, Bass: Efthimis Karadimas, Guitars: Efthimis Karadimas, and so forth hehe.

My fave Greek metal band is Septic Flesh. Not BM, though.

thrash

Yeah, great metal scene in Greece back in the day!

Necromantia were pretty darn cool. I have their split with Varathron on CD, haven't listened to it in ages. Crickey.

I also liked Nightfall back then. Doom/Death, I guess. I remember the main guy liked to have his name all over the place, on the CDs. Vocals: Efthimis Karadimas, Bass: Efthimis Karadimas, Guitars: Efthimis Karadimas, and so forth hehe.

My fave Greek metal band is Septic Flesh. Not BM, though.

Ditto Here, Septic Flesh Rule !!! Enjoyed their live in Mexico !

Still keep the demo cassette tapes of R.C., Deviser, Death Courier, Sadistic Noise (grindnoise one man band) etc. Still have the Christ puppet T-Shirt from Necromantia's demo along with a Marduk "f***k me jesus banner" on my home studio wall, mostly to remind me of how many times i have heard the word "faggot" due to my long hair and piercings. I cut myself off the scene before the "satanist murders" and the subsequent witch hunting followed to all involved into black metal scene in Greece. I do not follow the rest of the Greek B.M. scene as it is full of racist neonazi morrons. Still buying whatever Deviser, Rotting or Septic Flesh though. I know that they are very passionate with, and for, their music and it is worth supporting them.

Maejstictone

Top Bottom