• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Proper Metal music (no pony tails or choral crap)

dfuller

Major Contributor
Greatest mix ever? Not a chance. All encompassing power of the riff, hell yes. 2:05 is just "violence: the riff".

And then, the heaviest band known to mankind, Primitive Man.

thrash

I 've noticed that some are into BM. The scene here in Greece is large and unique in it's way. It all started through underground fanzines, tape trading and a specific -late- Norwegian band leader, record shop owner and record label manager.

Of course at the time the recordings were in 4tracks and in "studios" that had eggcups for sound treatment :). Some of the instruments were either stolen or cheap japanese knock-offs (anybody remembers Aria guitars ?). Completely Lo-fi and DIY.

From what i recall the first bands to record BM or something close to Black Metal were Necromantia, Varathron, Rotting Christ, Deviser, Zemial, Death Courier -even though the last were more into Death metal-.

cyruz

I just notice this thread. I'm thinkin' "proper metal" is an oxymoron. :confused:o_O

After all in the first page we have Faith No More, Helmet and Kyuss :D

I like it this way though. I noticed that many users here like contamination and experimentation (I even noticed a Naked City video) :cool:

Moonhead

Prong allowed...

Top Bottom