• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Proper Metal music (no pony tails or choral crap)

frogmeat69

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Seen these guys open for Obituary on The End Complete tour April 23 1993, supporting their first album, loudest show I've ever witnessed, like standing next to a musical Vulcan cannon firing for an hour, lol. Obituary was even louder. Been wearing earplugs ever since.

DSPGenelec

[.../] Sorry, I can't abide metal mixed with gold lame jumpsuits. [\...]

Fair enough but what do you think about their music when not looking at the "gold lame jumpsuits"?

Is metal for you rather a "lifestyle" or the music itself? For me it's the latter and happy having such I can share with my 12 years old boy and myself [+50].

However, I do like female fronted metal-of-any-kind-bands [much more then many blork*blork*we*are*serioulys*boring*and*bullshit*telling*mega*bands*since*decades*and*have*
changed*nothing]

Enjoy this here...

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Is metal for you rather a "lifestyle" or the music itself? For me it's the latter and happy having such I can share with my 12 years old boy and myself [+50].

Spinal Tap is the zenith of metal in my book.

I enjoy metal from time to time, but it's all pretty comical, really.

frogmeat69

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Slayer's South of Heaven was released on this day in 1988, my favorite Slayer album:

As was Metal Church's first album in 1984:

Along with this Overkill album in 1988:

And Suicidal Tendencies first one in 1983:

July 5th is a good day for metal.

Last edited:
Top Bottom