• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Proper Metal music (no pony tails or choral crap)

Newk Yuler

Where do you look to find new metal music? I frequent Blabbermouth but I don't expect to discover much. Most of the current bands have marginal talent with cookie monster vocalists scream-croaking about dark teen angst-everything sucks-doom this-doom that-burning in Hell kinds of topics. Why can't a smarter, more adult metal grow out of that? The Blabbertards in the comments are often more entertaining than the articles. Hard to have respect for adult men and women painting their faces or wearing hideous masks and demonic costumes to compel their act. I want something metal that's respectable!

digicidal

Major Contributor
Where do you look to find new metal music? I frequent Blabbermouth but I don't expect to discover much. Most of the current bands have marginal talent with cookie monster vocalists scream-croaking about dark teen angst-everything sucks-doom this-doom that-burning in Hell kinds of topics. Why can't a smarter, more adult metal grow out of that? The Blabbertards in the comments are often more entertaining than the articles. Hard to have respect for adult men and women painting their faces or wearing hideous masks and demonic costumes to compel their act. I want something metal that's respectable!

There are many, quite a few in this thread. Sounds like you're more of a prog metal guy (I am too mostly)... do some searches for "progressive metal bands" or "stoner metal bands" etc. Tons of new bands all the time and none of them with corpse paint. ;) There's even a few new thrash metal bands as well as new offerings from old ones (like Death Angel for example).

But just because black/doom metal bands may look similar... basically if it's coming out of Scandinavia - it's freakin' great metal! Corpse paint and all. Of course IMO, YMMV, etc. :D

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
main-qimg-fe31fc94d5994f621051a8cb08b4464d

digicidal

Major Contributor
I had no idea metal was as big of a deal in Greece. Thanks @Doodski - the more you know, eh? :D I'm kinda surprised Finland isn't well over 5Kpm at this point. I bet Brazil is up there as well, though with that population the numbers per capita are still likely small.

frogmeat69

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

Just gotta let people know what kind of metal you like, I'm sure folks will toss some suggestions at you.

Top Bottom