• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Prometheus, Alien

hvbias

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Prometheus was severely criticized and I can certainly see the complaints from critics point of view. The editing isn't perfect and the characters made some odd decisions.

Still, what I loved about it was the amount of lore it threw at us in the Alien universe. It almost felt like a book to film adaptation in that sense. And I'm excited that they are doing the rest of these movies as continuations/prequels with an arcing storyline. And as a sci-fi/medicine/biology nerd the origin story is intriguing.

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
Prometheus in 3D is ... immersing. It has few funny moments too. Overall it's a polished film from another dimension.

Next:

There are few comic actors in that one as well.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Haven't seen it, Covenant just opened at the local cinema but hadn't planned on it either.
Although I'm a huge fan of the genre, but I have never been a fan of the Alien series for the very dark (near black/white), featureless filming style that has been used since the very first movie. Prometheus is available On Demand and I may give it a spin if you can tell me I can actually see the critter in this one. ;)

Nightlord

I enjoyed Prometheus.... I like the Alien universe, have read a few books as well... And I'm very fond of H.R. Giger(esque) artwork as well. I will definitely be getting this one too.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
I want to see the new one just to hear the trumpet solos at start and end... Philip Cobb, Principal trumpet of the London Symphony. Getting some nice press on trumpet fora.

I liked that Prometheus gave us the beginning, sort of, but at the end I was still going "What just happened?"

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I saw it before, somehow it didn't hold my attention well enough to not leave me constantly wondering "What just happened?" Maybe I missed the beginning...

I'll give it another chance when it comes back around.

I see it for rent on Amazon, but I'm not such a spendthrift that I can't wait for a free showing. I'll add it to my list of "things to see" someday.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I didn't realize the new one was out yet. I remember seeing the original. Due to other obligations I couldn't go at more popular times. So I went for the late Tuesday evening showing. I was the only person there to see it. In 3D no less. And this was one of the better 3D movies where it did quite often add to the sense of being elsewhere. My understanding is if no one buys a ticket and they don't screen it they don't have to pay a fee. So they probably lost money showing it to me. Had I known I could have perhaps negotiated for several free tickets if I didn't buy that one. I quite liked the movie even though it could have been better.

I also believe the new one will be at least somewhat to my liking.

Top Bottom