• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Problems with Spotify and streamers on WiFi suddenly started

dougi

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hmm, I have just suddenly started (a week or so) having trouble with Spotify seeing hardware Connect clients on WiFi. Ethernet no problem!

DLNA controllers can see them so it wouldn't appear to be a network connection problem.

Devices:

Tivoli Model one digital. Spotify flatout refuses to see it now. DLNA is OK!

Arylic S50 pro. Spotify can sometimes see it but cannot connect. DLNA is OK.

Laptop: Can see and control my android phone OK and visa versa!

There have been two Android Spotify updates since I started having the problem but it still persists.

Anyone else experiencing/experienced something similar? Any ideas? I just upgrade the kitchen radio to the Tivoli to support Spotify and now after a month that function cannot work.

Gurkerl

I recently configured a Raspberry Pi (RopieeeXL) to run wirelessly, and came across the same issues. Now I have to resort to running it via ethernet, which works fine.

Interesting to hear you are having the same troubles. Initially I thought I messed up the configuration.

OP
dougi

dougi

Yep. Just changed the avr to wi Fi. Same problem. Spotify can see it, but can't connect. Ethernet fine. All was ok a couple of weeks ago.

OP
dougi

dougi

My problems just solved themselves yesterday. My Android phone upgraded itself to Android 11 and now it works again. The Spotify app version has not changed though. Go figure.

Thalis

I had a similar problem but the opposite. The Spotify client in Win 7 could not see Spotify Connect in moOde using LAN. I had to resort to wifi. Solved the problem by doing a clean uninstall and install of the Client. But I still have to restart Spotify Connect in moOde from time to time.

Top Bottom