• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Problematic connection ifi-audio Zen Blue and Drop THX AAA 789

Schipper

My first time here. I have recently acquired a Drop THX AAA 789 headphone amplifier and an ifi-audio zen blue DAC.

It works just fine when I connect the two using RCA cables, but when I try to connect the Zen Blue 4.4 balanced output to the Drop's XLR inputs using Youkamoo cable there is no signal.

The Bluetooth source (picked up by the Zen Blue) is my iPhone, and I'm using Bose speakers for the output.

I'm a bit lost in how to do this.

Bill

staticV3

Master Contributor
My first time here. I have recently acquired a Drop THX AAA 789 headphone amplifier and an ifi-audio zen blue DAC.

It works just fine when I connect the two using RCA cables, but when I try to connect the Zen Blue 4.4 balanced output to the Drop's XLR inputs using Youkamoo cable there is no signal.

The Bluetooth source (picked up by the Zen Blue) is my iPhone, and I'm using Bose speakers for the output.

I'm a bit lost in how to do this.

Bill
Sounds like either your adapter has a faulty pinout, or the ifi Zen Blue's 4.4mm balanced output is actually a single-ended output in disguise.
Both can be checked with a multimeter.

Top Bottom