• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Problem with iFi Portable DACs for desktop use

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
So I wanted to use the iFi battery operated DACs for my desktop. I first hooked up the ifi iDSD Micro (silver). It played for a few hours and then it died with blinking red light (?) indicating battery is dead.

So I then put the ifi Nano into service and it did the same thing.

Seems like both of them need off time to charge their batteries and not able to play using just the power from the USB port.

I thought I had read some of you using them for desktop. Do you not listen continuously for extended number of hours?

frogmeat69

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
You have to let the battery get a full charge, then if you keep it connected to usb it should never drain down when using as a desktop unit. I let my iDSD Micro charge overnight, then used it for like 15 hours straight and it never faltered.
Also, for it to run on USB power, you must connect the USB cable before powering on the unit.

Top Bottom