• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Problem with android audio

Ardacer

It's me again. I promise I'm not trolling, I'm working on my audio bunk atm so there are weird things that baffle me. I really appreciate your inputs.

So I've made an android tablet (tab xperia z) into my streaming center, connected an optical cd/dvd to it, a rtlsdr for fm and dab+ radios, mhl, and an usb soundcard that outputs toslink to minidsp 4x10. Works flawlessly untill after an hour or two, sound becomes really choppy. Doesn't matter if it's cd, radio or google music. I originally thought it was the fact that android supports adaptive usb only, and my dongle soundcard is async, but the same thing happens with odac that's adaptive. Also, when it happens, whatever I plug in (adaptive/async), sound remains choppy. Only cure is to completely disconnect/reconnect the hub. Any ideas? I've got none (I suspect it's somehow android's fault but no idea where to start).

I didn't bother with usb audio pro that supports async drivers, I have it, but I need system sound out, obviously.

Thanks

Timbo2

In my experience Android likes to grab CPU at the worst times. There are a few CPU / memory monitors that will run in the notification bar. Maybe grab one and see what it says when the problem starts.

OP
Ardacer

Ardacer

I'll try that, thanks for the idea.

Top Bottom