• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Problem: low sound when recording through the USB-C adapter

elyah

Hello! If I record audio through the microphone input on my computer, the audio is loud enough, but the computer ADC is making noise. That's why i use a htc adapter.

But the HTC Jack to USB adapter gives a weak signal at the microphone input. Recorded sound is quiet. The same thing happens with Sonata Hidizs S2. Is there any Jack to USB A or C adapter that will solve this problem?

I'm using a Shure MVL (tie-clip) microphone.

staticV3

Master Contributor
Hello! If I record audio through the microphone input on my computer, the audio is loud enough, but the computer ADC is making noise. That's why i use a htc adapter.

But the HTC Jack to USB adapter gives a weak signal at the microphone input. Recorded sound is quiet. The same thing happens with Sonata Hidizs S2. Is there any Jack to USB A or C adapter that will solve this problem?

I'm using a Shure MVL (tie-clip) microphone.
Try the Meizu HiFi dongle. It supplies 1.7V phantom power and works great with my EM272-based headset.

Top Bottom