• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

ProAc Studio 3?

coulombic

I have seen a pair ProAc Studio 3s on Craigslist for what seems to be a reasonable price. Many compare them to the ATC SCM50, but I haven't heard either. I'm just wondering what user's thoughts are on these, if anyone has actually heard them.

OP
C

coulombic

Sorry, did I ask the wrong forum? I'm new here, so please direct me elsewhere if I am mistaken.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I tried to find your seller, but couldn't.

Did find a ProAc Stuido 3 that had ATC drivers, though.

Not consciously heard either.

Can you post the listing?

OP
C

coulombic

It was on Craigslist in Minneapolis. I already agreed to pay the seller the sum for the speakers, as preliminary investigation seemed very positive. I believe the post has been taken down, but I can link to the speakers in other listings. I suppose I was just hopping to get some listening notes from someone that has listened to these before.

Ncaahockeyfan

Did you end up purchasing the Studio 3? I think I may have messaged with the same seller. I found the usaudiomart ad from FL where he purchased them. Would love to know how they sound.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
I have seen a pair ProAc Studio 3s on Craigslist for what seems to be a reasonable price. Many compare them to the ATC SCM50, but I haven't heard either. I'm just wondering what user's thoughts are on these, if anyone has actually heard them.

I've used ProAc monitors in control rooms a decade or more ago.

They're known for being ballsy, with good dynamics, but not voiced quite as leanly as their ATC cousins.

The Super Tablette had a decent run as a killer "super mini" monitor in the 80s / 90s, being a TAS favorite:

That being said, the designs are solidly old school....like ATC, they have great drivers that are robust tank like, but the crossovers, cabinets, and dispersion character show their age relative to modern alternatives.

I definitely wouldn't pay more than $2k for a minty pair of Studio 3.

Top Bottom