• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Proac D28 measurements

Roy_L

Hello all,
In my ongoing quest to find some speakers, I came across a pair of 2nd hand Proac D28's for sale (I like the 2 way / 6.5 inch / floorstander form factor).
These are Stereophile's measurements:

https://www.stereophile.com/content/proac-response-d28-loudspeaker-measurements

I can see that these measurements are not ideal (the FR seems kinda jaggy), but are these considered good enough to go audition the speakers, or is there some flaw that's serious enough to disqualify them as candidates?

dougi

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The measurements are OK, but not without minor issues (eg the mid resonance likely due to the woofer surround). It would depend on the price. Proac new prices have increased a fair bit over the last ten years so that may also be reflected in second hand values. They are very well made, albeit in a plain way. I had the D2 with the same tweeter which had good resolution and low distortion,

Frgirard

Major Contributor
Hello all,
In my ongoing quest to find some speakers, I came across a pair of 2nd hand Proac D28's for sale (I like the 2 way / 6.5 inch / floorstander form factor).
These are Stereophile's measurements:

https://www.stereophile.com/content/proac-response-d28-loudspeaker-measurements

I can see that these measurements are not ideal (the FR seems kinda jaggy), but are these considered good enough to go audition the speakers, or is there some flaw that's serious enough to disqualify them as candidates?
I used a d28 during two years 5600 euro. A comparison side by side with a k+h o300 3000 euro and i sold my d28.

An overpriced brand.

Top Bottom