• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital playback issue

Oranges

Hello, got a new pre box, having a strange issue now. I'm running a Raspberry Pi 4 to the Pre Box via USB, and it will randomly stop outputting sound. The player (I've tried separate Micro SD cards running separate streaming software (Runeaudio, Volumio)) shows it's still connected to the Pre Box and the song's continuing to play on the software, but no sound. I basically end up unplugging everything and re-plugging back in and it usually starts working again, until it doesn't.

I'm only playing MP3's and FLAC's, no MQA's so it isn't the known MQA issue. Only things I can think would be the USB cable (unlikely, Wireworld Chroma 8 A to B 2.0), or the Pre-Box. Any ideas?

idrachman

are you using the separate USB power supply to the S2? If not, give it a try.

OP
O

Oranges

I was... gave up and went with a Schiit bifrost 2

fuzzy_logic

Experienced the same issue a few times connected to a Windows 10 machine via USB. Rebooting the box seems to resolve the issue temporarily, but think i'll raise a warranty call for it - only got it in June, and it isn't exactly cheap.

Top Bottom