• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Pro-ject Dac box s2 + - anyone measured it?

BjornHall

Hi all!
I know that the pro-ject Pre box s2 digital turned up on the recommendations list.

now, I don’t need all the features of that particular unit, but I really like the box design and I am looking to buy “made in Europe” or USA.

so, I’m now looking into pro-ject Dac box s2 +. It comes with a single ESS9038 instead of two (as the pre box digital comes with). If it’s the same designer as the pre box digital one could assume it performs well, but it doesn’t have to...

Anyone know anything about this dac - any options? I know of the atom dac, but having a hard time accepting its plastic case. Could just tuck it away and never look at it again.
But I enjoy well built stuff :)

D4nte85

hey, i have one and its fine?

haven't measured it though so dont know how good it really is...

it looks and feels good and high quality like most pro-ject stuff

i would also be interested in measurements but i guess it got easy 16bit sinad and what else is there to really care about anyway?

OP
B

BjornHall

Just want it good enough! And if you are happy with it, I’ll give it a try!

D4nte85

i am happy with it, i cant hear the noisefloor and/or harmonic distortion make of that what you will ;)

windows10 -> usb -> dac box s2+ -> Audreal Mt-1 -> GoldenEar BRX (volume controll at the mechanical stop produces dead silence(without signal and on max... should be obvious but you never know))

quick fyi the firmware has bugs... you will have to reconnect power once a month to "reboot" the dac (sound cuts out if it bugs out)

Top Bottom