• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

private bluetooth listening: looking for a turnkey solution

mkarikom

I set up a system with apt-x LL to watch tv and movies during times when my partner is sleeping nearby.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

What I have tried:
Issues:
  • no matter how many times I factory/reset the tt-ba014, it simultaneously acquires a second connection with any unpaired es100 receiver (my everyday reciever paired to my iphone) causing the btr1k to drop out of apt-x LL and fall back to some crappy codec with a ton of latency
Attempted Fixes:
  • Tried resetting both the btr1k and the tt-ba014, pairing them. Turning off multi-point pairing on all devices. Sure enough the es100 still hijacks the tt-ba014
Things I've considered:
  • Going all apple all the time: apple tv, airpods, etc. im really concerned about sound quality vs my 10-driver custom iems and don't want to worry about those dangly-looking things falling in the toilet, etc
  • replacing the es100 with another, newer receiver (Qudelix-5K?). concerns: might still have above promiscuity issues with the tt-ba014
  • replacing the tt-ba014 with some other transmitter (apple tv?). concerns: does not support apt-x LL...

Top Bottom