• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh Passed Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiFidFan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Queen Elizabeth II’s husband has died at the age of 99. May he rest in peace.

eddantes

I wonder how realistic was his protrayal on the Crown... I can't decide if they are being sympathetic to him or not.

OP
HiFidFan

HiFidFan

Forum Donor
His Royal Highness was considered a legend of public service both to his country and the world. A conservationist, a wit, mentioned in dispatches for his bravery during WW2, a keen sportsman, qualified pilot, crack shot with a rifle and and I understand a damned good laugh over some drinks. The inspiration behind the global DOE awards which have benefited millions of young people around the world. Very much a 'man's man' as it were. And he carried out his role with a strength of character few could hope to match.

I feel that on the current world stage, there are precious few adults left in the room. One just exited. Sad indeed.

Valhalla

To hell with those royal maggots who concocted Iran's 1979 revolution in guadeloupe conference and ruined the life of a nation. Now we have to feel pity for this hundred years old turtle pass away? Not a chance!

Gorgonzola

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
To hell with those royal maggots who concocted Iran's 1979 revolution in guadeloupe conference and ruined the life of a nation. Now we have to feel pity for this hundred years old turtle pass away? Not a chance!
Don't be an ass. The British Royal family had nothing to do with the conference outcomes: blame Margaret Thatcher if you will, but don't blame the Queen or HRH.

Allah giveth and Allah taketh away: Mohammad Reza would never have be Shah without US and British meddling in the first place; when they withdrew their support he was SOL.

Katji

Major Contributor
I doubt that royals - European royals - are involved in such political conferences. ...The only exception I can think of is Arabs, Saudi in particular.
And no politicians or royals concocted the support of so many Iranians for mullahs.

Andysu

Major Contributor
who has passed? never heard of him, is he of great importance to me or my late cat, Sooty, I don't see royals saying sorry about my cat Sooty, so why should I ever care about royal snobs or british pm that likes silly lockdowns last year that cost the life of my cat Sooty. sod the royal snob family and british boris johnosn, bloody animal cat murderer he is.

413138_10150633363745149_2107249454_o.jpg

Andysu

Major Contributor
Iran, is older than the england/uk. I feel ashamed to be british in country of snob royals that have stolen from other countries. It's like usa that county is younger than other countries yet has also stolen from other counties. Funny how younger counties go about stealing.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi

We make sure of avoiding politics... This thread will likely be one about politics but ... that will be my last post in this thread.
If the moderators feel the post inappropriate let it be removed:

I am no fan of monarchy of any sort. It is the right of any country to chose what they feel most appropriate as a form of government, but a Monarchy, a form in which some people inherit power or the semblance of it, is the antithesis of democracy.
May he RIP. He was a fellow human being who has departed but.. I am not sure what his contributions to the World were nor am I sure he did anything special.
My apologies in advance for those who consider themselves his subjects but I feel strongly about what I posted.

Peace

Last edited:

sergeauckland

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi

We make sure of avoiding politics... This thread will likely be one about politics but ... that will be my last post in this thread.
If the moderators feel the post inappropriate let it be removed:

I am no fan of monarchy of any sort. It is the right f a country to chose what they feel most appropriate as a form of government but a Monarchy, a form in which some people inherit power or the semblance of it is, the antithesis of democracy.
May he RIP. He was a fellow human being who has departed but.. I am not sure what his contributions to the World were nor am I sure he did anything special.
My apologies in advance for those who consider themselves his subjects but I feel strongly about what I posted.

Peace

I agree completely about monarchy being inappropriate as a form of Government, but in our case in the UK, the Queen hasn't ruled for over 100 years, the Government is in the hands of elected politicians (Pace The House of Lords) NOT the monarchy.

If a country needs a Head of State, as opposed to a Head of Government, then I would much rather have our Queen, and her successors, as people without a political purpose, than some superannuated politician kicked upstairs as a ceremonial President, as so many Republics have. I accept that in some countries, like the USA, the Head of Government and the Head of State are the same person, and I have no issue with that either, but if a separation is deemed desirable between the two roles, then I'm happy to have a monarchy.

One great benefit of our monarchy, and similarly across Europe, is that the monarch represents the permanence of the state, and is not subject to the transience of elections. As long as that doesn't confer any political power, then I see it as entirely positive.

S.

Andysu

Major Contributor
Breaking news. Magic and Bear have dragged the duck into the cat litter box.
171501658_10159065685420149_6524176905270361896_n.jpg

Andysu

Major Contributor
What kind of cables did he use?
royals only use that rubbish bang and Olufsen as I believe it is appointed to the reptailin II.

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Andysu

Major Contributor

Andysu

Major Contributor
I rather watch Shorty, the cat meowing he has more personality than that, prince duck will ever have.

DSJR

Major Contributor
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom