• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Presonus Constant Directivity loudspeaker

temps

http://www.presonus.com/products/CDL12P

A bunch of 2" drivers in front of a 12" woofer... Basically coaxial, like the Genelec Ones but only $1,000. Intended for PA use but still interesting. 120 degrees of horizontal directivity and an ultra low crossover.

OP
T

temps

They presented a technical brief at a recent AES meeting. Includes a ton of data and is a really interesting read: https://www.presonus.com/learn/tech...o-Way-12-Inch-Woofer-Wedge-Loudspeaker-System

Fantastic polars, but the scale is a little bit different than the standard I believe.
1604087182349.png

The whitepaper is three years old and the speaker is brand new - I wonder how much better the released product is than the prototype tested for the paper?

LearningToSmile

Fantastic polars, but the scale is a little bit different than the standard I believe.
View attachment 90372

The whitepaper is three years old and the speaker is brand new - I wonder how much better the released product is than the prototype tested for the paper?
This product is new, but I think that's just a more portable version of the CDL12 based on the same principles that they've been selling for a while now - correct me if I'm wrong.

TimVG

Major Contributor
Looks like a CBT attempt without the proper legendre shading

TimVG

Major Contributor
It is designed to be arrayed, with Legendre shading applied to the array as a whole. See Keele's design brief.

Yes but Presonus implementation differs from Keele's paper. There's no mentioning of shading in any of the Presonus literature.

andreasmaaan

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes but Presonus implementation differs from Keele's paper. There's no mentioning of shading in any of the Presonus literature.

Which paper of Keele's? The one I linked is literally Presonus' design brief for this speaker.

Top Bottom