• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

PRESONUS AudioBox Go

Puppy2022

Has anyone experience with it? https://www.presonus.com/products/AudioBox-Go/tech-specs

I want simple DAC for listening music for my Adam T8V speakers. I already have SoundBlaster X-FI HD with unbalanced RCA output only. It works with laptop, but when I connect it to PC there is typical 50 Hz hum I can't get rid of. I just want to connect it properly with balanced TRS/XLR cables.

I found a review https://www.recordingbase.com/presonus-audiobox-go-review/, but I think the author has misinterpreted the technical specs. He states "But, the S/N Ratio (signal to noise ratio) is 90 dB which is not good as other audio interfaces in the same price range.", but the 90 dB SNR is for Headphone Output, not the Line Output, according to the specs.

I am deciding between this one and Behringer UMC22. Or should I rather go for Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen?

I want balanced output, heaphones jack on the front panel and no driver installation to get it work in Windows 10. Thank you.

Last edited:

Gradius

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Buy a D10s and get rid of everything. 90dB is nothing.

For headphone Atom AMP is enough.

MenloBob

If you don't have hard to drive headphones a Motu M4 would be a good choice. I drive JBL PA speakers in my office with one.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The Berhinger is known to have lower than usual output voltage so the Scarlett or Motu would be better.

The presonus has a sinad of about 83 db for line outputs. Okay but you can do better. The headphone out is very low power, but many interfaces are.

OP
P

Puppy2022

If you don't have hard to drive headphones a Motu M4 would be a good choice. I drive JBL PA speakers in my office with one.
Does it work as a generic USB audio device in Windows 10? I would like to avoid installing a 3rd party driver.

jasonhanjk

Adam T8V speakers seem to sucks (badly design with earth) when uses unbalance with grounded source. Doesn't matter what unbal dac you use, the problem will persist.

Instead get a DAC that have balance out since your speaker supports it.

OP
P

Puppy2022

It seems as the Motu M2 won't be recognized as a generic USB audio device and has issues with Equalizer APO:

Unfortunately the Motu M2 doesn't seem to have native windows drivers, if you just plug in the interface windows doesn't recognize it as an audio endpoint and nothing plays sound. I'm not even using any of the extra functionality of the interface just basic audio out/in.

Last edited:

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Can you run discretely some extension cords so all devices are powered off the same electrical outlet? What you describe is usually from having two devices that plug into different electrical circuits within your house. Balanced will probably help, but you could try it with extension cords you may already have to see if this can fix the problem without buying new gear. Not that we discourage buying new gear around these parts. ;)

OP
P

Puppy2022

Can you run discretely some extension cords so all devices are powered off the same electrical outlet? What you describe is usually from having two devices that plug into different electrical circuits within your house.
Yes, I did. It is probably something in the PC power supply, because it works ok with laptop connected to the same outlet. But I'd prefer to use the balanced connection anyway. Just didn't expect that it would be so complicated to pick a DAC that won't need any 3rd party driver and works with the Equalizer APO :)

The PRESONUS AudioBox Go seems to need the ASIO driver, so it wouldn't work with the equalizer either.

Last edited:

kuf

I have the Presonus Audiobox One connected to a Genelec 7040 sub and 2 Genelec 8020 monitors.
It worked out of the box with Windows 10 and Linux and there is no hum or any other noise from the speakers.

OP
P

Puppy2022

Thank you for all replies. I bought the PreSonus Audiobox iOne, it works as expected. No driver required in Window 10, Equalizer APO also works. Now it is pretty silent from PC, no hum nor other noise. Lessons learnt that the balanced output makes sense :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom