• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

presonus audiobox 44vsl

nodoubt

anybody know what convertors they used in this unit ?
reason im asking is i just did a quick comparison between my newly acquired project s2 box, and my modest little studio setup, with my several year old presonus 44vsl.
headphone amp only.
the headphone amp in the presonus , absolutely smokes the one in the s2 box, running the same wav files, in foobar on both computers.
im still amazed at the difference.
tomm when i get time, im going to take my 44vsl to the living room and see what it sounds like thru my main stereo system, thru the main outs.
btw, i just stumbled on the behringer dac thread, so this is becoming all too interesting.

Last edited:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Don't see it mentioned anywhere.

Open it up and look.

sejarzo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Seems as if that chip is still favored by several makers of USB interfaces in the $100-150 range. The TASCAM iXR, which as far as I can tell came out in mid-2016, uses it too...11 years after it was introduced by Cirrus Logic.

Top Bottom