• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Premium Passive Loudspeaker Crossover Components

OP
Mivera

Mivera

Major Contributor
Umm, no. The DCR of the inductor is a tiny fraction of the thing it's connected to, the woofer. It's clear you don't understand filter design. It will do neither of what you posited, sorry.
Boutique parts are good for audiophiles psychologically, but for the actual soundfield not so much. Amirs cap test link provided some nice insight there.
Do you understand that both your main and "bypass" cap is very much still in the signal path?

cheers,

AJ

I just base things on my test results. Most other speaker designers also agree which is why premium low DCR inductors exist. Even the worst grade of inductors come in different wire gauges to lower DCR.

Yes I understand how bypass caps work. If it wasn't in the signal path, it wouldn't do much good.

Top Bottom