• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Premium Audio Mini GaN 5 Review (Stereo Amplifier)

DanielT

Major Contributor
Its still the test of one piece. To see if it a systematic flaw you need to analyze the problem. Or if you cant do this, you need more pieces. Or do a poll, how much other users have the same problem, at least. Before you come to the strange conclusion to hate all class d chipamps.
Lets play with the idea, that Amir does a new test and the new amplifier turns out to live up to expectations, the specifications , maybe even better then so. What then? Do you dare to buy one? If one was wrong while another was great. If so, is it a lottery to buy one? You do not know what you are getting?
8fd8e4964c27b8768e1ae0f00b65c5b7.png

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Lets play with the idea, that Amir does a new test and the new amplifier turns out to live up to expectations, the specifications , maybe even better then so. What then? Do you dare to buy one? If one was wrong while another was great. If so, is it a lottery to buy one? You do not know what you are getting?
View attachment 157832

I not talk about the testet amp. You mix things up.

DanielT

Major Contributor
Are there any control stamps on Premium Audio Mini GaN 5 similar to those on amplifier in the attached image?

Edit:
Or any other type of documentation from the manufacturer regarding the amplifier Amir tested?

Attachments

• IMG_20210606_110342_copy_1248x1248 (2) (1).jpg
    IMG_20210606_110342_copy_1248x1248 (2) (1).jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

Arif07

Show me a manual that we have tested these specifications. It is a given that they have tested them. It is like a car manufacturer saying we have driven the car...

A published specification is what the customer should get on his unit -- end-off!
I had the mini gan 5 go into protection mode on one channel and they had to send another here in the uk. it is strange that it did not work initially as i had no such problems (faulty?)and it sounded better than my behringer a800 at higher frequencies and soundstage.but maybe a slight difference in the two mini gan amps Ive had in sound.(qc problems?).

Xii-Nyth

As a pc guy that ventialtion looks very good to me and I wish more cases had more of a thought out and tasteful design with it, although the implementation here seems to promote air to move from the front to the top missing all the components. since theres barely any elivation at the bottom of the chassis and no air is gonna go in from any holes there except for around the edges

SIY

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Anybody have a Starcrimson/BOSC amp they want to send @amirm? A good GAN amplifier?
Someone here, cough cough, published a pile of measurements on it. And has an Ultra about 18 inches away.

Top Bottom