• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Premium Audio Mini Gan 5 Balanced Power Amplifier

Tatteredmidnight

Hi,

I share some measurements about this amp :
I asked about the Loop gain but got no response from the manufacturer... the Purifi has an High loop gain (>75dB) and a Gan amp should be able to reach about the same.

So you can compare in the meanwhile :

Mini GAN
THD+N 5W , 1Khz : 0.004%
THD+N 10W 20-20Khz : 0.005%
THD+N 100W 20-20Khz : 0.008%

SNR: 108dB Unweighted 110dB A-weighted

PURIFI :
THD+N 5W , 1Khz 0.0006
THD+N 100W 20-20Khz 0.00017
THD+N 10W 20-20Khz 0.00029
Sinad 5W / 4R : 108
SNR : 131DB (ASR shows 128DB)

BOSC Starkrimson Gan :
THD+N 5W , 1Khz : 0.0004%
THD+N 100W 20-20Khz : 0.0092%
THD+N 10W 20-20Khz 0.0025%
Sinad 5W / 4R : 105
SNR : 121DB

ALLO TPA3255 (to be confirmed) :
THD+N 5W , 1Khz 0.00014
THD+N 100W 20-20Khz 0.0097
THD+N 10W 20-20Khz 0.0091
SNR : about 117DB
What is this ALLO TPA3255 amp?

daniboun

Major Contributor
The Allo TPA3255 is the next amp from https://www.allo.com/index.html
Allo is making some modules ,amps, dacs etc... They are based in Canada but R&D is also @ Toulouse (France)

This amp is really promising, and will have a brand new architecture around the TPA3255 chip, such as Air inductors, an ultra low noise power supply, fully balanced etc. It was supposed to be marketed at the start of the year but with the Covid the project was very late

Wait and see )

B&WTube

The Allo TPA3255 is the next amp from https://www.allo.com/index.html
Allo is making some modules ,amps, dacs etc... They are based in Canada but R&D is also @ Toulouse (France)

This amp is really promising, and will have a brand new architecture around the TPA3255 chip, such as Air inductors, an ultra low noise power supply, fully balanced etc. It was supposed to be marketed at the start of the year but with the Covid the project was very late

Wait and see )
Do you have any guesstimate on when this might be available?

daniboun

Major Contributor
Do you have any guesstimate on when this might be available?

Yes I spoke to the founder last week. The llc ultra low noise psu has been updated. I have been said that the first units should arrive @ Toulouse (France) by the end of September.... The project is about 6 months late....(((( I wish I could have some news very soon )

daniboun

Major Contributor
Hi guys,

Got the Mini Gan amplifier.... ))
I've been listening for two hours already ... but I will share a thread with my impressions after a long listening.

I can already tell you that it sounds monstrously good! He has an absolutely incredible power reserve! to follow.... )
Got a new version apparently with a new PCB and some updates...I am waiting for the list of changes by the Classdaudio team

At very first sight, the Inductors have been updated and are bigger.

The PSU is a Bipolar LLC @ 600W
OP amps are LM4562 (in Red PCB, no idea for the green one)

I can also confirm that the heatsinks are unnecessary ... but are there to hide the discrete components underneath (discrete amp) : will show you in another thread.

here's a little appetizer)

Last edited:

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
What's next, plutonium?

mixsit

Forum Donor
"The store will not work correctly in the case when cookies are disabled. "
I'd like to visit the site but get this, and no response or apparent place to 'accept cookies.
Same if going directly to 'https://premium-audio.com.
Sorry I'm not willing to part with my new amp. It would be neat to see how it stacks up against the other amps that have been tested by amirm though.

The only scientific testing that I know of that has been done is listed in the photos on the manufacturer's WEB site.

From the manufacturer's WEB site:

"We added a few photos showing some of the specs of this amazing little amp. You will see it putting out 600W RMS Into 8 Ohms at 0.01% THD+N - Right and Left Channel. You can see 1KHz and 1W with 0.006% THD+N with No Weighting, and 0.004% THD+N with A Weighting. We're still putting specs and documentation together for this amp, but wanted to show what it's capabilities."

https://premium-audio.com/mini-gan-5-balanced-power-amplifier.html

It's a very nice modern small and powerful Gallium nitride class D amplifier that has no problem driving my tiny Tang Band W4 1879 4" speakers like well made musical instruments. The speakers enclosures are IWISTAO HIFI 4 Inches Full Range Speaker Empty Labyrinth Birch cabinets.

The sound reproduction that my ears experience are precise 3 dimensional harmonically clear frequencies that are juicy and soft with no sting. Very easy to listen to my ears. Immersive and enjoyable.

daniboun

Major Contributor
Top Bottom