• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Preamp recommendation with digital streamer and analog phono

Grokstarr

I’m looking for a streaming pre-amp solution that comes with analog Input (RCA). I will be pairing this with
purifi based Boxem Amp, feeding into Monitor Audio Silver 300s Towers.

My Music Sources : LPs that I play through Music Hall Classic Turntable (this has a built in phono-preamp) and rest of the music is either streamed through Spotify/Tidal or through local network connected Synology NAS.

Currently I use Cambridge Audio stack ( CXN V2 + CX A81 ), these were feeding B&W 706 bookshelf speakers in my home office (10’ x 12’ space) - but now I’m moving and my new home office is bigger (12’ x 18’), so I invested in Monitor Audio towers. The CX A81 was very convenient, but the Silver 300s need more power, hence I’m replacing it with boxem amp.
But now I have lost analog input :( necessary for the turntable.

l looked at Shitt Freya, MiniDSP SHD, etc. but nothing seems to be as convenient as the Cambridge Audio stack. I briefly looked at EVO line - but am not a fan of all in box solution, plus Boxem make the Silver 300s sing, so am keeping the amp.

My Budget is 2k USD. Any suggestions ?

Top Bottom