• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Preamp for my Genelec 8260A Speakers

herculepirate

I have been running my Genelec 8260a speakers fully digital for the last 10 years.

Even when I added a Dual DS460 turntable, I got myself a Behringer DEQ2496 and an input selector to connect to them speakers. Adding anymore devices like a google chromecast or any other device means more clutter.
I was thinking for getting a preamp
- Must have an analog inputs and/or phono inputs. USB for computer audio. Streamer if possible
- HDMI input if possible
- Room correction if there is a possibility.
- Equalizer function if possible. Currently adding a bit of bass via my Linux computer.

Must measure well.

OP
H

herculepirate

Other than Denon AVR, are there any other AV preamp reviews?
@amirm Speaking about measurements, Does a AV preamp measure differently than a dedicated Sterep preamp

Kervel

Forum Donor
Marantz Nr1510 seems to check your requirements at reasonable price. It's has 2.2 preamp outputs, so you'd just ignore the five poweramps. Don't know how well it measures.

UNow42

I have been running my Genelec 8260a speakers fully digital for the last 10 years.

Even when I added a Dual DS460 turntable, I got myself a Behringer DEQ2496 and an input selector to connect to them speakers. Adding anymore devices like a google chromecast or any other device means more clutter.
I was thinking for getting a preamp
- Room correction if there is a possibility.
- Equalizer function if possible. Currently adding a bit of bass via my Linux computer.

Must measure well.
Why do you need a room correction? You can use the integrated room correction of the 8260.
1618583980730.png

That's one of my 8260 measured in my listening room.

OP
H

herculepirate

@UNow42
Absolutely. You are right, I don't need room correction.

I was also looking at all the AV Pre/Pro that were reviewed by ASR and NONE have good measurements.

Am I asking too much? Preamp with...
- HDMI input, Computer Audio USB Input, Digital and Analog inputs
- Basic Equalizer to boost some bass when needed
- MM/MC Phono input.
- MUST MEASURE WELL.

From the list, a $12,000 USD unit measured shit.

hmmmm.....

UNow42

I prefer to use separate spezialized equipment instead of an all-in-one box.
- Analog Preamp (Funk MTX Monitor) for the analog gear including a Musical Fidelity MM/MC phonoamp, tuner, and tape.
- RME ADI-2 Pro FS for computer audio.

Top Bottom