• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Pre-review thread on Yamaha RX-A1080 AVR

audimus

I have agreed with you on many things in the past. This isn't one of them.

Making excuses for a company that does know better and should know better is a form of rationalizing poor performance regardless of whether it is done in advance or after results are known.

Let us just agree to disagree on whether there is a difference between excuse and explanation. :)

GrimSurfer

Major Contributor
I'm OK with differences in perspective.

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I think you need to calibrate your terms as they are commonly used. Pro-sumer is short for professional-consumer, meaning people who as individuals consume something for professional needs. There is a whole line of professional audio products for people who do recordings, mixings, or other professional activities, etc. It is not based on price but on features that they need in their equipment.

Yamaha has far more pro-audio devices than anybody else.

You may want to look up some market numbers than make IMO guesses on who is buying what.
I’m more using “pro” in the more colloquial tech sense, like how it’s used for computers and phones, it’s not the actual tool that pros used, but it allows you to get higher levels of performance than what is typically seen.

Top Bottom