• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Pre-processor with XLR output and Dolby Atmos

MasterApex

Looking to upgrade from my current pre-pro that does not have Dolby Atmos.

What are the pre-pro options that has XLR outputs (all channels) and Dolby Atmos?

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
More than a few. Perhaps you could provide some other qualifications. For example: "Costs more than $10,000."

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
AV7706 $2,599.00
1870_mz_av7706_hotspot-rear-panel-1200w.png

https://www.marantz.com/en-us/product/av-separates/av7706#
https://www.marantz.com/en-us/product/av-separates/av7706

Jbrunwa

I have tried balanced Emotiva XMC-2 and unbalanced Denon AVR-X3700H preamp out to the same amplifier and I can’t hear any difference in noise floor. I bet that unless the cables are very long or there is some ungodly amount of EMF interference most people couldn’t tell the difference.

OP
M

MasterApex

My setup (probably needs to redesign the cabinet) requires me to pull cabinet to access the back panel so I have to run long (15ft) interconnect from Pre-Pro to AMP. When I used regular RCA, it picks up humming so I need to run XLR to eliminate the "hum".

My current setup is a combo stereo/5.1 . I want to upgrade to Atmos capable Pre-Pro and also want to improve stereo system with dedicated DAC so I am doing research on what the options are.

Andysu

Major Contributor
You need to show pictures New pictures so get that DLSR out take some pictures of current set-up.
Also I'd hassle the seller to get the price far, far lower as that AVR really is only worth US, $800, the few grand is daylight robbery. So get lowest price cos XLR is about as cheap as common mud on ebay, XLR electrical and connectors big deal they been in use for decades.

Top Bottom