• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Pre-amp and Headphone Amplifier to Drive Adam T5V and Planar Headphone

antony.h

On a previous thread, I would thank for all the advices and recommendations from all nice people in this forum! Sorry! There are too many names for me to thank. I will upgrade my active speakers from Fostex PM0.3d to Adam T5V. I think it is a safe one to use without EQ, while I am not using the output from computer.

And I am now have to find DAC or amplifier to drive them, which they deserve. And also a more suitable amplifier for my headphones. Amplifiers with balanced XLR output are usually high-end models. Like the Topping A90 and the not yet released Topping A30Pro. I am considering a replacement on my FX-Audio DAC-X6 as well.

Even though Topping L30 is a great option for my budget, I am comparing it with JDS Labs Atom. Because Atom got one more 3.5mm SE input, which allows me to amplify the output right from my computer monitor. Which I sometimes use the output from my computer monitor for gaming or entertainment for example Netflix.

I have these headphones:
- Beyerdynamic DT1990 Pro
- Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro
- Sennheiser HD6XX (Massdrop version)
- Fostex T60RP I could never drive them properly...
- AKG K701
- AKG K240s
And I can't remember all the others...

And then I might pair my Adam T5V with Gustard X16 DAC for serious listening. And JDS Atom for less serious listening like gaming or Netflix. Then later when I have more budget to upgrade my amplifier, I can upgrade to A30Pro or something with the inputs I need.

I can get Gustard X16 at about 340 Euro on Taobao excluded shipping cost. My budget on DAC & Amp will be more or less 500 Euro.

Top Bottom