• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

PRaT: Real? Measurable? Or just BS?

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Thomas, don`t remember seeing the Talking Heads live ... but what the bleep do I know ... few months ago I was invited to attend a local Martin Barre concert ... and embarrassingly ... I asked (probably with Locomotive Breath) ... who is Martin Barre.
:D

Not to worry , as it turned out hare’s lost spectacles were his own affair and after all hare had a spare pair ..
(You now are probably convinced Iv lost my mind but it’s jethro Tull lyrics , honest )

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Thomas, don`t remember seeing the Talking Heads live ... but what the bleep do I know ... few months ago I was invited to attend a local Martin Barre concert ... and embarrassingly ... I asked (probably with Locomotive Breath) ... who is Martin Barre.
Hey TBone, good to see you back!

fas42

Major Contributor
I say, probably inaccurate, because the effect is rather consistent across most program content, giving a decidedly propulsive quality to everything. As such, it seems likely an coloration, although a pleasant one. As far as live music, some of it exhibits this driven quality, while much doesn't. I don't uniformly experience such an effect live.
When you say live, are you always referring to sound reinforcement free performances? Once any sort of electronics are in the picture, amplifying the raw sound, then everything changes ...

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
When you say live, are you always referring to sound reinforcement free performances?

When I think "live" - usually there is an audience, and there's no "let's try that again".

j_j

Major Contributor
Audio Luminary
Technical Expert
:D

Not to worry , as it turned out hare’s lost spectacles were his own affair and after all hare had a spare pair ..
(You now are probably convinced Iv lost my mind but it’s jethro Tull lyrics , honest )

Yeah, but you're never too old to rock and roll, and you're much to young to die!

Top Bottom