• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Powersoft D-Cell504, any though?

bYOndo

Hello everybody, my first actual post :)
so I found this OEM amplifier in my warehouse (I have used it years ago to convert a passive speaker box into an active one). Mine is the "plate" version, D-Cell504 monoIS, with a DSP (detachable) and a power supply, everything already mounted on a hefty plate that makes dissipation too.
Here's the website link:
https://www.powersoft-audio.com/en/oem-solutions/d-cell504-is#series

if you see the documentation (the manual pdf has some measurement too), it comes that it's a nice 2 channels amplifier, obviously without DSP that degrades the input, you can directly go into the power section thru its connector (CN1 I remember). Unbalanced inputs seem to have a better SNR and THD figure, unexpectedly.
So, starting with the fact that I have it here "free of charge" , does it stand a chance to make a good stereo hifi amplifier? I have to make a custom case with inputs and outputs connectors. Does it waste my time? Is it quality-wise comparable with anything?

Thanks for any of your thoughs, bye!

Massimo

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Without DSP SINAD seems to be fairly respectable at 88. With DSP however it’s on order or magnitude worse at 68.

Top Bottom