• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

powering AEon 2 noire's

AMKAM

planed to buy AEon 2 noire. what i hve is ifi zen dac/can and i heard noire need more power, so the Q is
do i need to upgrade my amp or will it be enough to run noire's in bal through zen can?
if amp is a must this are what i hve in mind
Singxer - SA-1
TOPPING - A90 Discrete
Cayin - iHA-6
or the whole package
FiiO - K9 Pro ESS

i am open to any suggestions.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
planed to buy AEon 2 noire. what i hve is ifi zen dac/can and i heard noire need more power, so the Q is
do i need to upgrade my amp or will it be enough to run noire's in bal through zen can?
if amp is a must this are what i hve in mind
Singxer - SA-1
TOPPING - A90 Discrete
Cayin - iHA-6
or the whole package
FiiO - K9 Pro ESS

i am open to any suggestions.
Somebody else will give you the stats but if you are set on the AN regardless, buy them and see if the Can is enough.

I think you'll be fine and you lose nothing by trying in existing rig then buying bigger amp if needed. My Aeon RT aren't that hard to drive.

OP
A

AMKAM

Somebody else will give you the stats but if you are set on the AN regardless, buy them and see if the Can is enough.

I think you'll be fine and you lose nothing by trying in existing rig then buying bigger amp if needed. My Aeon RT aren't that hard to drive.
are u powering ur aeon's bal?

Snoopy

Major Contributor

My noire aren't super hard to drive either but with negative gain and EQ settings it's nice to have a bit headroom.

But still my Singxer SA-1 and Smsl SP400 are plenty powerful in low gain even with 10 band EQ and 3-4db negative gain.

I'm pretty sure you could get away with a topping mobile headphone amp.

milotrain

I've used a Grace M903, Grace M900, they need to be maxed to drive the A2N loud enough inside of protools, I'll try one off my laptop today. The Topping NX4 has plenty of gain. Fiio BTR5 won't drive them loud enough (unbalanced, haven't tried balanced), neither will my laptop MBP or iphone. Rednet AM2 falls apart at louder volumes.

Top Bottom