• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Power Supply for Topping E30

DeepFried

Glad to hear it as I'm finding it hard to find a power supply board with exactly usb 5V/1A... all I could find was 5V/2.xA

Yes the amp rating is just the limit that the power supply can provide. the actual current will depend on the voltage (which is 5v for all USB power supplies) and the impedance or resistance of the load (the device being powered), so my 2.4 amp rated PSU will be providing exactly the same current as a 1 amp rated PSU to the E30. its just capable of providing more for devices that need higher current.

dontaskmeformyinfo

I power my e30 with both the USB outputs on my Nvidia shield tv pro, is this considered a clean way to power unit or should I go with a USB brick power

Atanasi

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
If I use a multi-port USB charger to power both a laptop (through USB PD) and E30, and connect another bus-powered DAC to the laptop, and connect both DACs to Atom Amp at the same time (one through RCA, another through 3.5mm), I get a ground loop. Using a different power supply either for the laptop or E30, or disconnecting the second DAC removed the ground loop. Using a powered USB hub port to power E30 made the ground loop worse.

I power my e30 with both the USB outputs on my Nvidia shield tv pro, is this considered a clean way to power unit or should I go with a USB brick power
If you don't get a ground loop, your power is probably fine.

can I use this power supply : Ras Pi 3 5,1V - 2,5A for Topping E30 ?

Attachments

• PowersupplyRaspi.png
    PowersupplyRaspi.png
    502.8 KB · Views: 796
  • Screenshot (6).png
    Screenshot (6).png
    423.2 KB · Views: 643

Mr:River

Can anyone report their E30 impressions powered via USB vs PSU 5v noticed any improvement with using the 5v psu?

3125b

Major Contributor
via USB vs PSU 5v noticed any improvement with using the 5v psu?
Doesn't make an audible difference, I've tried both and moved back to PC USB port for convenience.

A800

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I would at least use a 2A supply.

Hydra

Hello friends, I ordered the E30 too. I am thinking of connecting the Raspberry Pi via USB and using it as a network streamer. What I want to ask is will the E30 power go when I connect it to Raspberry from Usb? I also have IFI 5v psu, can I plug it from 5v input at the same time?

eric00886

I usually use 5V mobile adapter but you can try power bank. (Now I only use power bank:p:p:p)

E30 has very good Regulator circuit design but power bank usually use PWM design. I would to use a good quality mobile adapter(use PWM design too).

eric00886

Hello friends, I ordered the E30 too. I am thinking of connecting the Raspberry Pi via USB and using it as a network streamer. What I want to ask is will the E30 power go when I connect it to Raspberry from Usb? I also have IFI 5v psu, can I plug it from 5v input at the same time?

My E30's data & power cable connect with pi 3B usb port and E30 work well.

My prejudice: use high quality adapter is good for DAC.

PS1. My pi 3B power is 5V/3A
PS2. data cable: usb to usb cable
PS3. power cable: usb to DC connect cable

MMeirolas

Hello

I have this thing lying around, it says 5V/3A...
Will i damage my E30?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210212-124133.png
    Screenshot_20210212-124133.png
    836.8 KB · Views: 290

NightlyNurse

Hi there,

I finally got my Topping E30 today and noticed that it doesn't include a power supply. Now if I remember correctly, the "linear-power" supply sounds better is a myth or at least not noticeable compared to a regular supply.

Also while it required (5V/1A), as it's USB I can just plug it into any USB charger like from an iPad or iPhone or some USB hub and it will regulate the power by itself. Is that correct or do I need a specific 5V/1A supply?

Thanks!

Marco
I tried it with topping's linear power supply. It did improve it but at the tot $250 price point there are better options

Top Bottom