• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Power Supplies and multiple Aiyima Amplifiers.

Scrufboy

OK gang... I'm back and I am totally unwilling to blow stuff up!

In speaking to an older audio engineer from AUS. He told me that I could run both my Aiyima A07 and my Aiyima A3001 sub amp from the same power supply. He said something about quantum coupling that both made sense and sounded a bit wacky.

My concern though is the sweet spot for the A07 in my setup with the DROK 48V 10A supply is 36v.

I have the Schiit HEL 2e running off an Anker desktop usb charger

The A3001 is running off the same supplied charger that comes with the A07.

The A07 is on the DROK

The A3001 amp manual says it operates between 24V and 35V

I guess that 36V is out of the question here. Is it?

Ultimately I wanted to power my whole stack from the DROK using a step down on one terminal to feed the Schiit with a 5V 3A(2.1 a)

Something like a XWST DC DC 8-85V to 5V USB Converter 12V 24V 36V 48V 60V 72V to 5V 3A 15W with Type-C USB Output Power Adapter Converter Voltage Buck Regulator,Step-Down Module Transformer

Alternatively

Could I pump the subwoofer signal to my svs sb-1000 pro with another A07? I do have another unit.

I'm not trying to do anything unnecessary, I just wanted to reduce the amount of power supplies and all their janky cables.

I thought at least running the two Aiyima's would be OK. But that 35V limit has me concerned.

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

In speaking to an older audio engineer from AUS. He told me that I could run both my Aiyima A07 and my Aiyima A3001 sub amp from the same power supply. He said something about quantum coupling that both made sense and sounded a bit wacky.

My concern though is the sweet spot for the A07 in my setup with the DROK 48V 10A supply is 36v.

The A07 is on the DROK

Ultimately I wanted to power my whole stack from the DROK using a step down on one terminal to feed the Schiit with a 5V 3A(2.1 a)

Something like a XWST DC DC 8-85V to 5V USB Converter 12V 24V 36V 48V 60V 72V to 5V 3A 15W with Type-C USB Output Power Adapter Converter Voltage Buck Regulator,Step-Down Module Transformer

Alternatively

Could I pump the subwoofer signal to my svs sb-1000 pro with another A07? I do have another unit.

I'm not trying to do anything unnecessary, I just wanted to reduce the amount of power supplies and all their janky cables.

I thought at least running the two Aiyima's would be OK. But that 35V limit has me concerned.
Why not try and see. If you don't have enough power delivery you might hear weak or distorted bass. If you are driving the supplies too hard they will probably get hot and might shut down or fail.

OP
Scrufboy

Scrufboy

Why not try and see. If you don't have enough power delivery you might hear weak or distorted bass. If you are driving the supplies too hard they will probably get hot and might shut down or fail.
Yeah, I'm not sure... The sub is powered so the sub amp isn't driving it at all. Just sending the signal. And in this case, perhaps using the included brick is fine, better actually. I don't know though. Sending a voltage to the sub amp that is over the rating and It won't even be using it per se...

I don't know.

OP
Scrufboy

Scrufboy

Posted these elsewhere.... Works Awesome! Powers both. I set it to 34V

Attachments

• 20220223_120742.jpg
    20220223_120742.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 265
  • 20220223_120755.jpg
    20220223_120755.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 268

Nale

Posted these elsewhere.... Works Awesome! Powers both. I set it to 34V
@Scrufboy
I bought Aiyima a07 a couple of weeks ago and ordered D08 tpa3255(subwoofer amp) to power my passive sub(Edifier s730 sub without the internals).
How did you connect your a3001 to your A07 since there's no sub-out on A07? I plan to use an LOC but I'm curious how did you connect yours? If via LOC, can you show me the LOC you use and how you wire it? Thank you.

This is my first post but lurking here since last month when I'm still deciding what amp to buy.

Attachments

• IMG_20220313_233606.jpg
    IMG_20220313_233606.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_20220313_233617.jpg
    IMG_20220313_233617.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

Jdunk54nl

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The rca and the aux input are tied together internally.
Meaning you can’t use both at the same time, but whichever one your aren’t using, can serve as a sub out (it mirrors the other) if you have a low pass filter somehow. If a powered sub, they should have this.

You might also look into a cheap dsp board like this one. It allows full use of sigma studio and you can do some pretty cool things with that.

Nale

Meaning you can’t use both at the same time, but whichever one your aren’t using, can serve as a sub out (it mirrors the other) if you have a low pass filter somehow. If a powered sub, they should have this.

You might also look into a cheap dsp board like this one. It allows full use of sigma studio and you can do some pretty cool things with that.

Thanks. I didn't know you can use the aux input as an output also. I think the downside of this connection is that I can't control the subwoofer's volume via Aiyima a07. I lean towards using LOC since I believe I control the volume of both satellites and subwoofer via A07 volume.

Nale

I just got my D08 TPA3255 600w subwoofer amp. I used the aux input/output as you said to connect it to my a07.
Was planning to use an LOC to connect the sub amp but I think using the aux output is already great.
Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_20220322_084751.jpg
    IMG_20220322_084751.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_20220322_084823.jpg
    IMG_20220322_084823.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 262
  • wqw.jpg
    wqw.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 243
D

Deleted member 46664

The A07 is on the DROK

Alternatively

Okay... no offence is intended, but it seems to me you've gotten off in a rather un-helpful and overly complicated direction here.

In your case I would set the Aiyima A07 up on the Drok supply, at 36 volts. If you go much further than that you are likely to run into heat problems and thermal shutdowns at higher volumes.

I would then bounce the A07's speaker leads off the speaker level inputs of the SVS sub and on to your speakers. You will need to run from the banana plugs on the A07 to spade lug adapters under the binding posts on the SVS and then banana plugs from the SVS binding posts on to your speakers.

Don't worry about any effect on sound. Those are speaker level inputs but they are not 8 ohms, they're just a voltage tap off your speaker wires that feeds the SVS internal amplifier... no loading. This way the volume control in the A07 also controls the sub volume, so once you have the relationship between the sub and the speakers worked out, it won't be affected by changes in listening levels.

From there.... Job Done. Enjoy!

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
OP
Scrufboy

Scrufboy

@Scrufboy
I bought Aiyima a07 a couple of weeks ago and ordered D08 tpa3255(subwoofer amp) to power my passive sub(Edifier s730 sub without the internals).
How did you connect your a3001 to your A07 since there's no sub-out on A07? I plan to use an LOC but I'm curious how did you connect yours? If via LOC, can you show me the LOC you use and how you wire it? Thank you.

This is my first post but lurking here since last month when I'm still deciding what amp to buy.
THIS is the ONLY WAY - From the Schiit Hel I use 3.5mm stereo to the 3.5mm on the A07. Then I RCA out from the A07 to the A3001.

Top Bottom