• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

power for Topping D50s: ifi iPower X or Topping P50?

AudioArchitech

Many report that iFi iPower works great, especially on streamers. Listen to all the reviewers, they can't all be wrong, it's science : )

FYI, ifi iPower and BRZHiFi are not the same product, not even close !

AudioArchitech

Show me Amir’s review of the iPower. I’m pretty sure he just reviewed the ifi iPurifi SPDIF, not the same as iPower. ifi iPower and BRZHiFi are not the same either.

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Conclusions
It is clear that whether you use the USB power, or the supplied switching power supply, there is absolutely no audible improvement in the output of the DAC with linear power supplies. One can help himself believe otherwise by looking at the noise spectrum alone as I have shown in the last graph. But again, we don't listen to power supply wires. Those waveforms go through filtering stages even in cheapest DACs.

I own a P50 to go with my D50s/A50s. I bought it because I liked the look of the stack and it simplified the power connections under and through my desk, not because it makes any difference to the sound.

Firefly00

Many report that iFi iPower works great, especially on streamers. Listen to all the reviewers, they can't all be wrong, it's science : )

FYI, ifi iPower and BRZHiFi are not the same product, not even close !
But do they provide measurements to back up their claims? Blind testing? If they don’t, then that’s very much not science…

Top Bottom