• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Power Cords DBX Study (Sort of...)

That's truly enlightening , these should really make your system shine: powercable.png
powercable.png

1555678979243.png

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am inherently suspicious of any illogical posts made on April 1, especially if they link to an April First article -and this one didn't even attempt to sound legitimate or employ intelligent humor.

I much prefer the old Audio Magazine reviews of the Lirpa Labs brand of audio components. (LINK)

And or course, I hard-wire each of my A/V system components or power bricks directly to individual circuit breakers in my house's breaker box with Romex, entirely eliminating the need for power cords, expensive or cheap.
Breaker Box.jpg

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
"Recent experiments show that 100% of listeners were able to tell the difference between using an amplifier with a power cord attached, and without." Published April 1, 2019, LOL.

OP
Ron Party

Ron Party

CPH (Chief Prog Head)

I know... as soon as I put up the OP, I realized my typo. Didn't bother to see if it I could fix it since the collective here certainly is smart enough to figure out what my pea brain meant.

In any event, as my namesake just posted above, you just can't beat the statistics of the matter. 100% is 100%.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
I know... as soon as I put up the OP, I realized my typo. Didn't bother to see if it I could fix it since the collective here certainly is smart enough to figure out what my pea brain meant.

In any event, as my namesake just posted above, you just can't beat the statistics of the matter. 100% is 100%.
Completely understood. I was merely wondering if it was a new abbreviation for "Double Blind Comparison." Thankfully, not.

Top Bottom