• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Power cord review section?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I figured he was just wanking over his thread results....
He got a few nibbles, but not the page after page of confusing nonsense a good troll brings.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Palladium

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Surely million dollar++ testing labs should use audiophile cables instead of bog standard retail ones for more testing precision, I know more about science than them.

:doge:

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
We kinda take it personally as well, though. I mean, you know, speak for myself and all, but it seems like we do.

Maybe next time we say "Nice to see you, but you're in the wrong church for that, not just the wrong pew"
Exactly: That is how I responded to his first two posts.

DSJR

Major Contributor
I wonder if the OP might seriously have been genuine? It seems in certain markets, this thing is rife to the point of it dominating the hobby.

To follow up on a post by @ahofer, I'm so glad I can't hear a difference in sensibly utilised digital cables if ever I thought I could, 'cos it means I can enjoy the music far more and not be bothered with all the bullsh*t.. My main power cable is a well made high current type from UK supplier Mark Grant - cost sixty quid and a good half of that would be labour to make it up I feel. Had it some years, it's fit and forget and there you have it :)

syn08

if I’d post on Audiogon “I am new here. Is there a power cord measurement and DBT test section?” would that be trolling?

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
if I’d post on Audiogon “I am new here. Is there a power cord measurement and DBT test section?” would that be trolling?
No, but maybe if you displayed an agenda and went on to be amazed they don't do extensive measurements etc. Remember he immediately started in on amps and DACs, too.

Koeitje

Major Contributor
I wonder if the OP might seriously have been genuine? It seems in certain markets, this thing is rife to the point of it dominating the hobby.
Of course not, clearly just baiting.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
They have several threads on blind tests. But if you read them, you’ll wish you were blind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom