• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Power cord review section?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Or pretending to be wealthy, I can never tell.:)
Wait...you don't think they'd lie?

As many advanced degrees as our trolls have, they must be men of integrity ;)

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Headless Shrek over on Audio Troll Review. Terrible objective and subjective performance.

Vacceo

Major Contributor
All amplifier, all DAC all cords sounds the same??
They are safe or they are not. That is the only difference.

Since money isn't really a problem for me, I have decide to give GR Research B24 AC cable a try.

Oh btw, try swapping different ac cables on your power amp (not DAC!) most likely you will hear different sound. Or even change the wall power socket. I am outa here good luck.
Close the door on your way out.

MoreWatts

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Did this 3 post troll at least set a record for brevity? Has anyone else posted only 3 times to troll, and then disappeared? Usually they like to stir the pot for awhile.

Astoneroad

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Where does it go from here? Mention extreme wealth in the first post? Cryo? How come Quantum stuff like QED or QCD hasn't caught on??? Just wondering...o_O
ADHD

Reactions: MAB

egellings

Major Contributor
What would be the mechanism by which competent (adequate ampacity) power cords could sound different? Describe the different sounds they would have.

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Good evening fellow Audiogon denizens! Can you direct me to the section for AES research on audibility thresholds?

No. Just...no. If you can’t hear the difference between digital cables I truly feel sorry for you. Jitter being below audible thresholds? I guess timing then just doesn’t matter. People who can’t hear well or don’t trust their own ears fall back on measurements to support the fact that they can’t hear differences. How awful that must be as an “audiophile,” and I weep for you.

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
If you think about it in a detached way, He shouldn’t have been upset. He comes in asking a question and gets a very quick “we don’t do that sort of thing here”, If it were a shop, the customer walks out. Instead, he digs in and questions us.

Whether he was intentionally trolling or not, why is believing/not believing that power cables make a difference all so personal? I mean, I have my theories, but it’s odd when you think about it.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
If you think about it in a detached way, He shouldn’t have been upset. He comes in asking a question and gets a very quick “we don’t do that sort of thing here”, If it were a shop, the customer walks out. Instead, he digs in and questions us.

Whether he was intentionally trolling or not, why is believing/not believing that power cables make a difference all so personal? I mean, I have my theories, but it’s odd when you think about it.
If you're a troll, part of the shtick is to be the aggrieved party. "Why is everybody so hostile? I'm just asking questions!"

Remember, they're trying to get you angry. If they do, they've at least partly succeeded as a troll.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
If you're a troll, part of the shtick is to be the aggrieved party. "Why is everybody so hostile? I'm just asking questions!"
We kinda take it personally as well, though. I mean, you know, speak for myself and all, but it seems like we do.

Maybe next time we say "Nice to see you, but you're in the wrong church for that, not just the wrong pew"

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
We kinda take it personally as well, though. I mean, you know, speak for myself and all, but it seems like we do.

Maybe next time we say "Nice to see you, but you're in the wrong church for that, not just the wrong pew"
It's awkward, frustrating and annoying. Some person comes along wanting info and one needs to decide if they are wankers or serious. Very annoying.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Sure, they're innocent until proven guilty. But when a noob goes on a forum and immediately gets confrontational and starts shifting topics etc. you have to be suspicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom