• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Power cord review section?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSmith

Master Contributor
The quality of the trolls just isn't what it used to be....
... nor is the ol' grey mare;

most likely you will hear different sound
Of course... but the reason why isn't the power cable. If you stuck around longer than three posts, you could have learned why.

JSmith

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
... nor is the ol' grey mare;

Of course... but the reason why isn't the power cable. If you stuck around longer than three posts, you could have learned why.

JSmith
Lol I think he felt the temperature rising. The troll fur was starting to singe.

Capitol C

I always use Belden, for the industrial sound it gives to all my music :cool:
I use cloth-covered vintage lamp cords to get that tube sound.

Speedskater

Major Contributor
Getting back to power cords, but skipping over the rare cord problems that Jim Brown and Bill Whitlock write about. Not all power cords are good power cords and I'm writing about power cords from commercial & industrial providers.
Some bad cords have swapped Hot & Neutral wires.
Some bad cords don't have the Safety Ground wire connected.
Some bad cords have poor crimping of all the wire strands at the connector terminals.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Getting back to power cords, but skipping over the rare cord problems that Jim Brown and Bill Whitlock write about. Not all power cords are good power cords and I'm writing about power cords from commercial & industrial providers.
Some bad cords have poor crimping of all the wire strands at the connector terminals.
Yes of course - gear of all type can be manufactured incorrectly. When so it normally fails to work, is unreliable, or is unsafe.

AdamG

Debunking the “Infomercial” hawkers & fabricators
Forum Donor
Do we really need a Power Cord Review Section? The simple answer is no absolutely not. After the first response we just kicked the dead horse for 5 pages. In the spirit of Thanksgiving. Let’s be thankful that we’re giving this thread the boot! One can only tolerate crazy for so long.

Happy thanksgiving everyone and remember to upgrade the power cord to your Oven. It will make your Turkey less of a Turkey !

killdozzer

Major Contributor
Even a speaker stand can be poorly screwed together, but it's a different kind of a problem.

killdozzer

Major Contributor
I hope I won't be late with this one other comment; no one seems to be interested in the fact that the guy said he has no problems with money. Isn't that sad? More importantly doesn't it remind you of what we usually say about fools and their money?

AdamG

Debunking the “Infomercial” hawkers & fabricators
Forum Donor
I hope I won't be late with this one other comment; no one seems to be interested in the fact that the guy said he has no problems with money. Isn't that sad? More importantly doesn't it remind you of what we usually say about fools and their money?
You got the last word. Well, unless you count this post about you having the last word? I did forget to hit the lock thread button.:facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom