• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Power conditioner for Euro plugs.

Charles_b

Hello guys,

I was interested in purchasing the Tacima 6 way power conditioner and the Tacima parallel mains conditioner (linked below). They have got a lot of positive review and don't break the bank (I don't want/have not got 1000's to spend on some of the higher end power conditioners.)

My problem really is that as I live in Norway (previously the UK), the wall outlets/electrical plugs are the 2 pin European kind and not the 3 pin UK variety.
Tacima don't make these two things for the European type plug market, therefore, is there a decent, equally reasonably priced alternative that I could use or could I could I simply buy the UK versions and use several uk>euro plug adapters ( grits teeth)?

Many thanks,
Charles

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product...FADW0PO&psc=1&ref_=d6k_applink_bb_marketplace

Https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product...L5A1OLE&psc=1&ref_=d6k_applink_bb_marketplace

Speedskater

Major Contributor
All power conditioners should be safety approved for your location.
Why do you think that you need any power conditioner?

OP
C

Charles_b

I have invested in a decent amp, preamp, Dac and speakers. I have also bought some decent(ish) speaker cables (without breaking the bank). I was wondering if there were any other "tweeks" that I could do in order to maximise sound quality. I also saw this video on YouTube posted by a British audiophile where he mentions the power conditioner;

Also, I live on a hill so lightning strikes are quite common here-they have already taken out the washing machine amongst other things. As a euro plug doesn't have an inbuilt fuse, I was looking for a power strip with a built in fuse/surge protection.

Thanks,
Charles

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
My problem really is that as I live in Norway (previously the UK), the wall outlets/electrical plugs are the 2 pin European kind and not the 3 pin UK variety.
Tacima don't make these two things for the European type plug market, therefore, is there a decent, equally reasonably priced alternative that I could use or could I could I simply buy the UK versions and use several uk>euro plug adapters ( grits teeth)?

Or, cut the existing plug off and wire a replacement;

https://www.110220volts.com/cee-7-7-plug.html

---

Unless you have an identifiable problem that the device will address, I wouldn't look for any audible improvements.

M00ndancer

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Top Bottom