• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Power cables with good review.

Waxx

Major Contributor
indeed, certified cables are the best you can get, and only extreme power needs (cfr, high power amps) may be an exception, but i don't think they are fit for home use, and certainly won't fit on a normal AC circuit (be it 220v or 110v). And those are not expensive (or should not be).

But some high power pro audio amps like top level powersoft amps need special (high power) cabling, that is in general supplied with the amplifiers. Those also need 3 phase 400v or similar industrial power connections, not domestic ones and are ment to feed large P.A. systems wtih several killowatts of power.

AudiOhm

Why not use the cable supplied by the manufacture of the equipment you have, if the equipment is certified the cable will be.

This is the cable the manufacture tested the audio equipment with, if it is good for them, it must be good for us...

Ohms

D

Deleted member 46664

Well, I don’t understand if cable is only a cable why ( for example) AudioQuest say : Quote : “efficiently drain RF noise from the line and neutral shields to ground via the third “ground” pin.” End Quote

Ummm ... because they are lying.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
s there a Power cables with good review ?
There are many (usually very expensive) power cables that get raving reviews.
Just not on ASR, you need to visit other websites for this.

Meaning , Power cable that justify its price and reputation ...
A power cable that justifies its price will be somewhere between a few $ and say... € 20.- (with sturdy connectors and nice looking) everything above that does not have a justifiable price.

Last edited:

Gregss

If you feel better with thats ok, but sound it will not change.
Don't understand how you got I said the sound would change??? Might want to re read my post. What was mentioned was getting far better than average quality for a good price.

Greg

egellings

Major Contributor
If the AC power cable has the ampacity necessary to carry the needed current and has UL or similar safety approvals, then it's good to go. Since power cables tend to hide behind equipment and be mostly out of sight, trying to make them look fancy makes little sense.

Last edited:

xaviescacs

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
All power cables work flawlessly AFAIK. I don't think there is a single bad review of a power cable, so you can choose any of your liking. Just don't expect any improvement with any of them, simply because there is nothing to improve. Perhaps the only tricky thing is that some of them don't have safety regulations.

Last edited:

clearnfc

Is there a Power cables with good review ?
Thanks

Whats the power consumption of your equipment? Most important thing is the cale must be able to handle the current.

If your equipment has very high power consumption, then you will need something good. Although most black cords are rated up to ~13A.... they are not good for such power. IMHO, if the cable feels warrm to the touch at high power, it should be replaced with something thicker.

JSmith

Master Contributor
Well, I don’t understand if cable is only a cable why ( for example) AudioQuest say : Quote : “efficiently drain RF noise from the line and neutral shields to ground via the third “ground” pin.” End Quote
You need to think about how a PSU works;
... then it is clear that a power cable cannot do anything that the PSU can't.

JSmith

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Is there a Power cables with good review ?
Thanks
Did not read other than first post, fwiw. Are you in your right mind? You need a review of a power cable or think they mean something? Crazy.

Top Bottom