• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Power amplifier for Elac Debut 2.0 B6.2

Kit Carson

Dear all,
which power amplifier do you suggest for does speakers?
I would like one with balanced input.

Here some alternatives I found or that have been suggested:
Please can you give ma some suggestions?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Benedium

Forum Donor
I think most here would say those amps are too good for the speakers. But I guess you can upgrade to better speakers in future.

Benedium

Forum Donor
Really surprised no one else is replying here. I'm probably the least qualified person here haha.

Maybe you could share abit more of what else is going to be in your system? And what will be the source of music?

igfarm

Using the Rega Io integrated amp with mine. Enjoying the setup very much.

tim5

I have the same question.
With whom amplifier, regardless price,these speakers can play as much as possible better. My source, Spotify, youtube.
No cd player.No pic up.

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
These Elac speakers are very amp-friendly. I have used happily with fairly low power amps (examples in my case: vintage Marantz 2216, Fosi V3, Aiyima A07, vintage Kenwood KA-3500) with no problem. It's mostly a matter of how loud you want to play music and then picking an amp (at the price level you want) that will give you headroom so you're not having to "crank it all the way up." Any good-measuring amp that does about 75+ WPC into 6 ohms will work fine. I have not experienced undue brightness/treble emphasis using the Chinese Class D amps, if you want to start with an inexpensive amp.

doppleganger

These Elac speakers are very amp-friendly. I have used happily with fairly low power amps (examples in my case: vintage Marantz 2216, Fosi V3, Aiyima A07, vintage Kenwood KA-3500) with no problem. It's mostly a matter of how loud you want to play music and then picking an amp (at the price level you want) that will give you headroom so you're not having to "crank it all the way up." Any good-measuring amp that does about 75+ WPC into 6 ohms will work fine. I have not experienced undue brightness/treble emphasis using the Chinese Class D amps, if you want to start with an inexpensive amp.
I am newbie and planning to build my firsts system with ELAC B6.2 & one of the Chi-fi amplifier like AIYIMA T09 Pro/ FOSSI BT30D PRO/ SMSL AO300. I read comments on various forums that ELAC B6.2 shines with A/B amplifiers, have you seen any sonic difference between traditional A/B amplifiers and these CHI-FI amplifiers

doppleganger

What preamp?
Not sure if this question is for me. I will be using Apple Music (Windows/Android App) as primary source and occasionally YouTube Music. I am planning to pair [AIYIMA T09 Pro/ FOSSI BT30D PRO] with either Topping DX3 Pro+ or FiiO K11 as DAC. For SMSL AO300, depending on internal DAC performance, I will upgrade to external DAC if required.

Top Bottom