• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Power Amp To Pair With Denon AVR-X3700H (Class AB or D?) (150-200WPC)

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Have you tried asking Amir via PM? I assume he would know the answer to your vexing question.

JonfromCB

OK, so I understood that SINAD drops rapidly when the Denon is asked to drive an external amp past the 1.4v threshold which is why I choose the Buckeye amp built with the NCORE 252's with 1.66v. After running a few SLP calculators confident will not even get close to maxing out the Buckeye amp in my room/setup. So I should stay well below it's 1.66v max thus staying within Denon's "clean" pre-amp volt range.

It's the " why does the SINAD start to drop past 1.4v" question I still don't understand. The answer may require some advanced electronic engineering knowledge to fully make sense but willing to wrap my head around it.

There you go js524, Drop a PM to Amir and ask him why.

Top Bottom