• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Post your DIY equipment measurements here!

anchan

I propose this thread for all the diy'ers out there who have measured their gear. There are some threads over on DIYA, but they are scattered about, so thought this would be a good alternative to create a consolidated record of some of our projects.

Let's keep this thread as straightforward as possible:
  • Short description, and link to the original design
  • Pics of measurements and a few pics of the project
  • Description of measurement gear, and reference level (dbA/V or at how many volts/W)
What do you think?

OP
A

anchan

Attachments

• 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    265.2 KB · Views: 116
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    535 KB · Views: 116
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    292.6 KB · Views: 127
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    332.8 KB · Views: 141
  • 1K_left.jpg
    1K_left.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 127
  • 1K_right.jpg
    1K_right.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 135

Trdat

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
What do you propose for speaker measurements? Any guidelines or just a basic measurement few cm from centre point of speaker?

OP
A

anchan

It actually looks like there are a few threads already for speaker measurements, although they look more like in-room rather than close mic or gated. It can’t hurt to put whatever you have in here, but I was originally thinking this thread could be used more for amplifiers or preamps.

Last edited:

Grumpish

I'll start. This was a version of the First Watt F5, as designed by DIYA member Juma:

I have a DIY F6, pretty much a bog standard diyaudio build, I would be interested to see some measurements of that (I only have my ears to measure with, and they are are not too good these days). To my claggy old ears it is one of the best amps that I have ever heard.

Top Bottom