• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Post research here that casts doubt on ASR objectivism

egellings

Major Contributor
My impression of quantum mechanics is that its effects show up in the atomic/subatomic world, and not so much in the bulk world of tube amps.

sq225917

Major Contributor
Dancing, high, kitesurfing, high, paragliding, (ridge soaring) high, geography a level exam, high, most of my twenties, high.

Those were the days.

Mortgage, haven't been high a day since that arrived....

OP
ahofer

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
That was sort of my story, but now I’m 7 years or less from retirement, have some savings,kids are grown up, and we are getting *more* adventurous while we have our health.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Dancing, high, kitesurfing, high, paragliding, (ridge soaring) high, geography a level exam, high, most of my twenties, high.

Those were the days.

Benefits of having a paid off house!

Robin L

Master Contributor
That's my impression. Long past time to move it out of General Audio Discussions and into Random Wankery (or whatever it's called)
They opened for the Sex Pistols back in 1975, out in Rutland.

Last edited:

Robin L

Master Contributor
It's true back in my younger days playing in orchestras I used to play concerts on our tours tripping ALLLLLL THE TIME :)
cello players are always a little crazy
Lower woodwinds are the worst.

Robin L

Master Contributor
OP
ahofer

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
That's my impression. Long past time to move it out of General Audio Discussions and into Random Wankery (or whatever it's called)
Originally, it was supposed to be a thread for those who disagree with the prevailing view of what constitutes transparent electronics at ASR to post research to show why said view should be adjusted. I’d object to *that* being called ’wankery’. However, the discussion went in some other directions, and it might be difficult for the newcomer to find the research promised in the thread title.

On the other hand, the same would be difficult without the digressions, simply because hardly anything responsive was posted.

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
Originally, it was supposed to be a thread for those who disagree with the prevailing view of what constitutes transparent electronics at ASR to post research to show why said view should be adjusted. I’d object to *that* being called ’wankery’. However, the discussion went in some other directions, and it might be difficult for the newcomer to find the research promised in the thread title.

On the other hand, the same would be difficult without the digressions, simply because hardly anything responsive was posted.
Are you saying this thread drifted from its original intent into numerous other unrelated discussions?

It can't be.

Not possible.

NOT ON ASR!

Top Bottom