• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Post research here that casts doubt on ASR objectivism

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
And who says natural selection is no longer a factor for humans.
It's nowhere near as dangerous as it reads/sounds. The intoxication level is pretty low compared to what you might have read or seen on the television. Nobody is raging or going ape while riding. We are cautious, have a plan and an A and B point with people knowing what we are doing and where we are going. It's fun and exciting and lotsa cold fresh air.

audio2design

Major Contributor
It's nowhere near as dangerous as it reads/sounds. The intoxication level is pretty low compared to what you might have read or seen on the television. Nobody is raging or going ape while riding. We are cautious, have a plan and an A and B point with people knowing what we are doing and where we are going. It's fun and exciting and lotsa cold fresh air.

On a serious note, I have seen enough people wipe out on a clear day on trails going too fast that I would suggest caution. One friend was in the hospital 3 months. Our reflexes are never as good as we think they are.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
On a serious note, I have seen enough people wipe out on a clear day on trails going too fast that I would suggest caution. One friend was in the hospital 3 months. Our reflexes are never as good as we think they are.
I agree. Multiple broken bones from dirt bike riding. Snowmobiling is tame in comparison for me. :D

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Snowmobiling is tame in comparison for me.
But way too damn cold.
My idea of winter sport is a roaring fire, a bearskin rug, and a naked woman. ;)

audio2design

Major Contributor
But way too damn cold.
My idea of winter sport is a roaring fire, a bearskin rug, and a naked woman. ;)

With hand warmers and modern clothing, if not heated clothing, it is surprising what you can be out in and be warm.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Drug use damage to the brain is over rated. :D

Unless you have borderline personality disorder / schizo tendencies, anyway. And those people were probably going to lose their biscuits, eventually.

But, yes, I seem to be able to have an intellectually demanding job in the technology sector despite past / present recreational drug use, and I work with many PhD comp sci researchers who have been avid LSD and cannabis users for decades.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Unless you have borderline personality disorder / schizo tendencies, anyway. And those people were probably going to lose their biscuits, eventually.

But, yes, I seem to be able to have an intellectually demanding job in the technology sector despite past / present recreational drug use, and I work with many PhD comp sci researchers who have been avid LSD and cannabis users for decades.
My biscuits are doing fine! :D It wears off in a couple to several hours and it's a done thing. No biggie. :D

OP
ahofer

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I do believe in quantum mechanics, but I’m skeptical of audio equipment claims that invoke them, as they are almost always an attempt to either invoke uncertainty (similar to the Shakespeare quote), or attempt to make a claim that the lay audience can’t refute. See cables and tweaks.
incidentally, that Shakespeare quote doesn't say what audiophiles tend to think when they invoke it:

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
incidentally, that Shakespeare quote doesn't say what audiophiles tend to think when they invoke it:

Quoting Horatio, a fictitious character from an Elizabethan blockbuster production, is no more high minded than quoting random stuff that Thor says in the Avengers.

OP
ahofer

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Quoting Horatio, a fictitious character from an Elizabethan blockbuster production, is no more high minded than quoting random stuff that Thor says in the Avengers.
In that case:

“YOU PEOPLE ARE SO PETTY. AND TINY.”​

elvisizer

It's true back in my younger days playing in orchestras I used to play concerts on our tours tripping ALLLLLL THE TIME :)
cello players are always a little crazy

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
It's true back in my younger days playing in orchestras I used to play concerts on our tours tripping ALLLLLL THE TIME :)
cello players are always a little crazy
So this one time in band camp...

Top Bottom