• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Post pictures of anything, with comment...couple words.

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
PXL_20210812_192149495.NIGHT_2.jpg

Anse de Mejean, Toulon (Night Mode with my poor Pixel 5)

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Microsoft disabled "Thumbnail Folder Icons" in Windows 11:

I posted the same here. Let's have further discussions on this issue on that thread!

One of my a few concerns with Windows 11 is that Microsoft disabled "Thumbnail Folder Icons";
WS002533.JPG

As an amateure photographer, I like the "Thumbnail Folder Icons", but Microsoft disabled it mainly because of quicker operation and protection of privacy, I assume. Even though I already did intensive web search to find "hidden ways" enabling "Thumbnail Folder Icons" in Windows 11, so far I could not find any solution.

I do hope they would make "Thumbnail Folder Icons" possible, at least as an "option", in the near future "Windows Update" for Windows 11...
Let's have further discussions on this issue on that thread!

JeffS7444

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
New toy just arrived from Classicbot.com:
_A250703.jpg

I also have a real Macintosh Classic II in working condition, but maybe it's time to sell that as a collectable, because computer collections take up a lot more space than palm-sized plastic figures.

JaccoW

Went from Marseille to Barcelona this summer by bicycle. It was a good vacation. :cool:

nobodynoz

Addicted to Fun and Learning
This is a picture I've taken in an old village in Spain... 30mn from where I live in France. I forgot the name of the village...... on the other side of the boarder they speak Spanish and Catalan. Where I live in France we speak French and Catalan because in 1659 the "Sun King" Louis XIV took a part of Spain. I speak Catalan fluently - but I can't write it ! - and I manage in Spanish.
I have probably more than 200 front doors in my photo library.
Canon G7X Mark II -September 4, 2021 - hour 16:33

IMG_1685.jpeg

Last edited:

nobodynoz

I was a few days ago in a small VERY old village called "Lagrasse", Aude county, France. There are many restaurants and I was surprised because they were full at noon. The village is still the way it was long time ago.
In this village there is a magnificent Abbey in perfect condition which is occupied by monks.
Canon S95 - Oct 24, 2021 - hour 14:54

IMG_7276.jpeg

"Sainte Marie de Lagrasse Abbeye" - built from 779 til ? (Google images)
Capture d’écran 2021-10-28 à 19.42.33.png

Last edited:

JeffS7444

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
View from my apartment window this morning, because I was particularly liking how the view was framed.
Screen Door.jpg

Although you can barely see it at this magnification, I've got the window screen sharply in focus. I also tried this shot without the screen, focusing instead on the distant tree, but meh, it just looked ordinary, IMO. Also tried opening the window blinds wider, but ended up preferring this very narrow aspect ratio. Size of cropped image is >40 megapixels, from 240 mp original, below.
_DSC1129_PSMS16-2.jpg

Anyhow, it kept me amused, but I admit that I'm easily amused.

JeffS7444

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Earlier, equally blurry view from a different perspective. I prefer the earlier morning light in this shot, and the shaft of light and reflections on the pavement. But the wooden planks forming the bottom part of my frame are missed. Uncropped photo.
_A290819.jpg

Propheticus

Some pictures I've taken with my phone I'd like to redo properly when I get a 'real' camera:

mossConcrete_medium.jpg

This is a very interesting combination of mosses growing on a concrete/stone electricity service box in the neighbourhood.
Walked past it one morning with dewdrops all over. Zoomed/cropped properly it becomes a tiny world. Being a phone-shot it's not super sharp and the depth of field is bit too shallow.

ourCatLookingWise_medium.jpg

Our cat. Not even a year old already looks very wise.

JeffS7444

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If not for Halloween-related events going on in town, I think most people would've stayed indoors today.
_A310008.jpg

Dmitri

Forum Donor
A6AC25BA-DC8C-47CD-8E84-F51D5D8285B2.jpeg
365E330B-3CA8-4727-9846-93C90D0F5941.jpeg
Lion’s Mane mushroom, Hericium erinaceus, discovered along the Valley Trail in Acadia National Park, late September.
According to Wikipedia, it’s edible. I passed, but for those of you who trend towards more daring faire, Bon Appetite!

nobodynoz

Behind the Cemetery, the "Cité" a medieval citadel located in the French city of Carcassonne, in the Aude department.
Founded during the Gallo-Roman period, the citadel derives its reputation from its 3 kilometres (1.9 mi) long double surrounding walls interspersed by 52 towers. The town has about 2,500 years of history and has been occupied in different ages by Romans, Visigoths and Crusaders. Inside there are many old houses still inhabited, restaurants and even even a torture room with all the period instruments in perfect condition... shame, it was forbidden to take pictures...
People from all over Europe were walking inside the Cité.
2 pictures with my Canon S95 - October 28, 2021 - hour 14:52

IMG_7300.jpeg

One of the access gates with a drawbridge...

IMG_7290.jpeg

The Cité is located by the "new" town...

Last edited:
Top Bottom