• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Post pictures of anything, with comment...couple words.

Freeway

Musician @ Stratford-upon-Avon. 2015
After I took this photo, imagining he might want a copy, I went over to him while he was still playing. He did not take kindly to that. Boy, what was I thinking disturbing a musician in the middle of a piece!? I felt real bad.
So I sat down in the shade enjoying a private concert with only one other gentleman with whom I shared the image.
Having to leave before he had finished and 3/4s across the bridge in the background heard some yelling and turn to see him waving and running to catch up. The other gentleman was his relative.
He apologized. I apologized. We had a most wonderful chat.
Uno Mundo.
CLASSICAL GASS.jpg

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Cowgirl.

P7282893.jpg

JeffS7444

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Been itching to do something with halftones for awhile, like silkscreen. These two started off as 6x4.5 color film images, scanned and brought into GIMP for conversion to halftone.
Zenit 12SD Halftone.png
Nikon SP SM.png

EB1000

2021-05-12_22-03-51.jpg

An alien attack. Well, not really, it's iron doom missiles over tell Aviv last night, intercepting over 200 rockets shot simultaneously from Gaza. This was shot from a balcony about 0.5 miles from my house. Here is the full video (interception successes is around 90%).

BTW, I've just received a text message from my commander, telling me that I may be called for army reserve service in the upcoming days... (I'm one year short from being relieved from all duties). This puts all audio related issues in a very different perspective...

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
View attachment 129413

An alien attack. Well, not really, it's iron doom missiles over tell Aviv last night, intercepting over 200 rockets shot simultaneously from Gaza. This was shot from a balcony about 0.5 miles from my house. Here is the full video (interception successes is around 90%).

BTW, I've just received a text message from my commander, telling me that I may be called for army reserve service in the upcoming days... (I'm one year short from being relieved from all duties). This puts all audio related issues in a very different perspective...

Well I can't put a "like" here, but hope that this escalating situation will cease soon.
Keep well after the ones you l0ve.

EchoChamber

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Since the pandemic, I've started taking pictures of the moon...

Moon-square-20210520.jpg

EchoChamber

Forum Donor
Nice; which lens, speed and aperture ?
Thank you! :)

Here are some specs:

Camera
Fujifilm GFX 50R body, Mamiya M645 500mm f/5.6 lens with Mamiya 2x adapter (and Kipon M645 to GFX adapter).

Settings
160 ISO, f/11, 1/15 sec.

I’ve been shopping Mamiya M645 lenses from Japanese used camera dealers lately... The quality is still excellent by today’s standards and very affordable. A good alternative for more specialized usages such as tele lenses and macro (I also do a lot of repro work of my previous photo essays on film and my ancestors work from early to mid 1900’).

For more moon shots and some of my recent photo work, check out my Unsplash account.

This is what the setup for the moon shots look like:

ECB35A44-BD72-40BB-A792-905B47A7601D.jpeg

C034B582-69E7-4AFF-8A2D-599F055600A1.jpeg

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thank you! :)

Here are some specs:

Camera
Fujifilm GFX 50R body, Mamiya M645 500mm f/5.6 lens with Mamiya 2x adapter (and Kipon M645 to GFX adapter).

Settings
160 ISO, f/11, 1/15 sec.

I’ve been shopping Mamiya M645 lenses from Japanese used camera dealers lately... The quality is still excellent by today’s standards and very affordable. A good alternative for more specialized usages such as tele lenses and macro (I also do a lot of repro work of my previous photo essays on film and my ancestors work from early to mid 1900’).

For more moon shots and some of my recent photo work, check out my Unsplash account.

This is what the setup for the moon shots look like:

I guessed that you wouldn't use a Kodak Instamatic here ...

When you mentioned Mayima I thought it was about a 6x6cm camera.

You should put your Rolleiflex on the "industrial design" thread ;)

EchoChamber

Forum Donor
I guessed that you wouldn't use a Kodak Instamatic here ...

When you mentioned Mayima I thought it was about a 6x6cm camera.

You should put your Rolleiflex on the "industrial design" thread ;)

lol... Yes indeed... We need some resolution capabilities to extract details from the moon...

Mamyia developed multiple medium formats around the 120 film size. The Mamyia lenses I use that works well with the GFX system (a cropped digital medium format) are from the 645 system non autofocus. They will create 6x4.5cm frames on 120 film and were very popular among professionals. You could get 15 frames on a 120 roll instead of 12 on 6x6 cameras... Anyway this is all very nerdy... ;-) The fact that this format was so popular means the used lens market is full of them and they are very affordable compared to Leica and Zeiss/Hasselblad... It made me want to explore and try different lenses. I’m usually a purist when it comes to photography and only do fixed lenses at a focal length close to eye perception. It was good to break with my own norms and explore different means.

That Rollei was a find in Rio in the early 90’s... It has seen a lot of usage before me, but still functioned really well. I kept it for many years while I was a young aspiring artist... I‘ve since sold it together with all my other film camera and lenses (Leica M system). But did some decent shots with a DSLR before selling.

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
lol... Yes indeed... We need some resolution capabilities to extract details from the moon...

Mamyia developed
The fact that this format was so popular means the used lens market is full of them and they are very affordable compared to Leica and Zeiss/Hasselblad... .

That's good to know, thanks for the idea. It will be valuable for some of my friends.

EchoChamber

Forum Donor
As I recall, you could reliably get 13 shots out of a standard roll :)

Nice pictures!
I never got more than 12 out of my old Riley twin lens... But I’m sure that was possible from other medium format cameras.

To be fair, I never tried it. Having a 3x4 grid (12 exposures) worked nicely with my negative sheets and to produce contact sheets...

JeffS7444

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Since the pandemic, I've started taking pictures of the moon...

View attachment 131023
Great shot: I've found the moon kind of tricky to photograph well due to too-wobbly tripod and the thick soup of our atmosphere. I'd like to build a 6" Dobsonian telescope sometime for viewing the moon and planets.

EchoChamber

Forum Donor
Great shot: I've found the moon kind of tricky to photograph well due to too-wobbly tripod and the thick soup of our atmosphere. I'd like to build a 6" Dobsonian telescope sometime for viewing the moon and planets.
Yes indeed! I’ve had many fails in the beginning... The trick is to make as vibration free a platform as possible - heavy tripod, electronic shutter, everything locked in manual mode and wireless remote control. In my case I program the camera to shoot groups of 80 shots with a 2 second interval. After 4 to 6 sessions, I jump on the computer, and tediously pixel peak every image in camera raw. It is really trial and error. The camera usually don’t move after I start and move away from it, but there are all kinds of gases on the atmosphere that will cause distortion and rob sharpness and detail. With that method I’m usually able to get 10 images that are decent and one or two that are “perfect”.

Top Bottom