• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Post pictures of anything, with comment...couple words.

nobodynoz

Addicted to Fun and Learning
a typical house of Kitsbuehl - city which hosted the Olympic Games - in Austria. It snows a lot in winter.
I love Austria, the towns are so clean... (the image is so so)
with my Canon S95 - July 2013

IMG_1503 (1).jpeg

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Kitsbuehl - Austria
with my Canon S95 - July 2013
Did you process them with some software? Sorry but they look horribly overprocessed, like some instagram selfies. :p

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Did you process them with some software?
They appeared to have been smoothened over and softened, as well.
These types of aberrations (my understanding) is supposed to be related to extracting a still image from video footage.
The "AI" part of 4K video recording supposed to make use of certain frame-to-frame manipulation of the frames (kinda like defocusing edges [?]) so as to not make the viewer heave for 'jerky motion' frame-to-frame. Which works just the opposite for still photography where the image edges need to be as sharp/focused as can be (before desired manual adjustments, as desired). Some PanasonicLumix mirrorless DSLRs use a video engine and thus have to compensate for its real intended purpose...

Last edited:

nobodynoz

Did you process them with some software? Sorry but they look horribly overprocessed, like some instagram selfies. :p
I use the apple "Photos" software.
Yes they are bad.... I use a MacBook Air.... these pictures had been in the cloud for several years , and they came back in bad conditions in Apple "Photos", why ? I don't know.
The dates no longer matched the photos !
I've spent 6 days around Kitsbuehl and the sky was between white and barely blue.

Last edited:

nobodynoz

I've tried to make it better but...

-C966BE15-8881-4B36-9D2B-1F68C92F40FC_1_201_a.jpeg

with my Canon S95

Last edited:

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It sure would not be fun if I told you what they were?
(Middle one (in red) intentionally obfuscated)
202112_WTFizit.jpg

Any guesses?

Propheticus

My guess: keys of a musical instrument. In this arrangement perhaps an accordion. Or a bulk order of trumpet keys? Still missing some inlays, paint or mother of pearl.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
My guess: keys of a musical instrument. In this arrangement perhaps an accordion. Or a bulk order of trumpet keys? Still missing some inlays, paint or mother of pearl.
I bought these RCA caps from aliexpress. I haven't gotten a chance to use them yet, but I have too many unconnected RCA ports, that become dust magnets. I've used those small plastic CapPlugs previously, but some have a tendency to get sticky (especially, to the female-RCA bulkheads).
I bought these at a (very) special sale of 10cents each but I notice they are selling for around 70cent/each, now.
P1100449.JPG

This is the original photo w/o red circle edit.

JeffS7444

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Some of the fancier items at my neighborhood thrift store prior to year-end auction. Not sure what's up with the horizontal bands running through the photo, I've never seen that before.
_C090264.jpg

JeffS7444

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Comically large serving of seafood jajangmyeon sold as one-person portion at a Colorado eatery seems to be the size of a family-sized dish in Korea. Maybe I should have taken most of it home and made a few meals out of it, but how much of the just-cooked magic would I lose?
_DSC2045.jpg

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I bought these RCA caps from aliexpress. I haven't gotten a chance to use them yet, but I have too many unconnected RCA ports, that become dust magnets. I've used those small plastic CapPlugs previously, but some have a tendency to get sticky (especially, to the female-RCA bulkheads).
I bought these at a (very) special sale of 10cents each but I notice they are selling for around 70cent/each, now.
View attachment 171904
This is the original photo w/o red circle edit.
I'd just buy the cheapest RCA connectors available (0.15 € at my favorite source) and plug them (as is) into unused inputs and outputs.

JeffS7444

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Nothing-special photo of something which has become a pandemic-era lifestyle accessory: Winnebago Revel, almost always built upon a Mercedes Sprinter chassis, but sometimes Dodge Ram as well. Most are painted gray as shown. I think prices start at around 100K USD, and the Winnebago people must be selling an awful lot of them.
_B210179.jpg

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
index.php

Do they all have broken running boards, or is that a feature* of some sort?

I've actually never seen one of those in northern New England (i.e., 'twixt here and Boston), FWIW.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I've actually never seen one of those...
They sure look suspicious!
We've had a tan live-in van parked down on our street for the past week and it is getting old...
P1100453.JPG

In the mornings, the van's windows are all fogged from the inside
These sure beat the tent-people, elsewhere but nearby. << Is that too nimby to say?:oops:

Top Bottom